BobbyJohn

By The Sea | Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt (Nov 13)

I was at a movie event over the weekend at which 3 producers discussed how they got their films made. The producer of Under the Skin said it took them 14 years to get it made, eventually with Scarlet Johansson. He said it was originally intended 'for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.' Later he said 'the money we raised could not pay for Brad Pitt. ' It wasn't clear at which point in the 14 years it was meant to star them or whether it was them jointly or separately at different times.Others may know more.Anyway, this new film sounds intriguing. I'd quite like it to be a period piece. I'd like a horror story in the style of The Others! I also hope that there is a ruthless script editor involved. While In the land of blood and honey had bold themes, the script needed several rewrites.

• Like 1

lol, Brad sure likes his money, Ang totally went for tiny salary to keep A Mighty Heart budget minimal. <_<

Anyway, bit more info on set:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mġarr ix-Xini bay will be closed between the end of August and mid-October as Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt use the location for their next film, Times of Malta has learnt.

The picturesque location, a Natura 2000 site – an area of high ecological importance – will serve as a backdrop for the film scripted by Ms Jolie, which will feature her husband.

Sources said public access to the area would not be allowed as filming took place on the hillside in the vicinity of the pumping station and on the beach. They said a tent erected on the hill would serve as a site...

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20140705/local/Gozo-bay-to-close-at-end-of-August.526362

• Like 1

I kind of love What Lies Beneath. I wish Pfeiffer would get better roles.

I am afraid Pfeiffer has passed her expiration date according to Hollywood standards.

Difficult to exist when you hit the 50 mark in Hollywood as an Hollywood actress.

I can't even recognize Nicloe Kidman ( she knows that you have to cheat to keep being cast)  anymore and she s "only"47.

• Like 1

I am afraid Pfeiffer has passed her expiration date according to Hollywood standards.

Difficult to exist when you hit the 50 mark in Hollywood as an Hollywood actress.

I can't even recognize Nicloe Kidman ( she knows that you have to cheat to keep being cast)  anymore and she s "only"47.

Pfeiffer didn't go nutso on plastic surgey like Kidman, she can still act very expressively and her screen presence is still powerful. Yeah, she won't be scoring hot 20 leading lady roles anymore but I doubt her career will evaporate

• Like 2

Pfeiffer didn't go nutso on plastic surgey like Kidman, she can still act very expressively and her screen presence is still powerful. Yeah, she won't be scoring hot 20 leading lady roles anymore but I doubt her career will evaporate

I mean WTF with Kidman, she isn't the same woman that played in Moulin Rouge and the Others I swear.

• Like 1

HBC starts shooting Alice Through The Looking Glass soon too. Wonder who it could be.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody like Cate Blanchett or Kate Winslet though Sandra Bullock doesn't seem to have  anything lined up for the fall and I do think conceivably that Burton would go for her.Given Jolie and Melissa McCarthy being mentioned in the past Burton is clearly open to casting a leftfield choice in the role and I think that Bullock could be great.

Edited by solvoexisto
  • Like 1