#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

Look at the headlines

Box Office: ‘Transformers’ Controversy Erupts After Paramount Claims $100M Three-Day Gross

LMAO :lol:

It really doesn't matter anymore. It's 98M. End of story. They can fudge it up all they want. I'm over it. At the end of the day, Katniss will have it fair and square.

• Like 2

Let me just say that Paramount did not do this to create controversy and help the industry. They had no idea if this would be helpful at all. They made this decision based strictly on their own egos.

Yeah, it's rather silly but I get fed up when businesses lie about stats.

• Like 4

That rotten one seems very bull... Complains about the message being too vague :rolleyes: Drew McWeeny gave it an A+, and I almost always agree with him, so yeah, optimistic :)

When I read that review I was like, that is probably what makes it good. It is not heavy handed and beating you over the head with social commentary. Alluding to issues is the way to do it. Did he want it spelled out for him?
  • Like 2

Too bad for Dragon 2 in its 3rd weekend.  Dreamworks made a really daring, bold, and original story with this one.  Guess kids are just used to silly comedies with nonstop, frenetic action.  Dragon 2 is probably 75% serious drama and 25% comedy, when the typical animated movie is the other way around.

• Like 5

When I read that review I was like, that is probably what makes it good. It is not heavy handed and beating you over the head with social commentary. Alluding to issues is the way to do it. Did he want it spelled out for him?

I bet he loved Elysium.

• Like 2

Too bad for Dragon 2 in its 3rd weekend.  Dreamworks made a really daring, bold, and original story with this one.  Guess kids are just used to silly comedies with nonstop, frenetic action.  Dragon 2 is probably 75% serious drama and 25% comedy, when the typical animated movie is the other way around.

Dragon 2 was fantastic, I still liked the LEGO Movie better (Even after re-watching it last night) but I think the LEGO Movie is a pop-masterpiece.

Good read

Box Office: ‘Transformers’ Controversy Erupts After Paramount Claims $100M Three-Day Gross

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/transformers-box-office-controversy-erupts-after-90371685532.html

"The first big box-office controversy in the sixth months since I’ve been reporting erupted this morning as Paramount Pictures put the final three-day domestic total of Transformers: Age of Extinction at $100.038 million in its opening weekend. “They’re lying,” said one distribution head at a major studio. Said another, “I don’t get get it. Is it just arrogance? What is the point of inflating your box-office numbers? So they can claim the first $100M...."

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 6

In case anyone cares

HOW TO TRAIN YOU DRAGON 2 took in $13.24M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $121.95M. #HowToTrainYourDragon2

MALEFICENT took in $8.38M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $202.01M. #Maleficent

JERSEY BOYS took in $7.71M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $27.44M. #JerseyBoys

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Its just so dumb. Why Paramount? The movie is already trash which makes more money then it deserves. Why add insult to injury by fudging the fuck out of its OW total?

Plausible,

"I wonder if there are contract bonuses for TFRM4 that are tied to OW performances? I.e., the distributor pays X $Y if the OW is over 100M?"

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=289250

The Tangled thing was because Disney pulled an Avengers/John Carter and attached it to drive-in showings of Pirates 4. Yes it's technically fudging, but at least it came from legitimately sold double-feature tickets.

lol double features are fudging. There's nothing to defend that practice.

RTH has said, or someone with knowledge has said that both movies get all the gross. So, it's not legitimately made money either, it's double counting, which actually is worse because Transformers 4 has to make the money up within the week, these double features are double counted. It is literally imaginary money.