#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

BK, now that I think about it, you're right. I would count them half and half, and if I were a drive-in operator I might possibly even put all money toward the main feature for each car that leaves before the second film (since they then technically paid just to see ONE movie). So clearly I'm too honest to work in Hollywood studio accounting.

Edited by TServo2049

Good read

Box Office: ‘Transformers’ Controversy Erupts After Paramount Claims $100M Three-Day Gross

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/transformers-box-office-controversy-erupts-after-90371685532.html

"The first big box-office controversy in the sixth months since I’ve been reporting erupted this morning as Paramount Pictures put the final three-day domestic total of Transformers: Age of Extinction at $100.038 million in its opening weekend. “They’re lying,” said one distribution head at a major studio. Said another, “I don’t get get it. Is it just arrogance? What is the point of inflating your box-office numbers? So they can claim the first $100M...."

Great read, it would make sense if they have some contractual bonuses if it's over 100m OW, but lying about numbers is lying and they're caught in the act with Rentrak.

Really, it's fascinating how this broke 100M OW, on such crappy marketing.. I barely saw any TV Spots for the movie.. You can sure bet Transformers 5 will be an easy shoe in for 100M OW when it comes out...

I saw a bunch of TV ads for it. Franchise is in decline domestically. TF2 with no 3D and much lower ticket prices 5 years ago would have made $150m if it opened on a Friday. TF5 will struggle to open to $90m. Paramount will probably move it to a mid-week opening to avoid embarrassment.

Really, it's fascinating how this broke 100M OW, on such crappy marketing.. I barely saw any TV Spots for the movie.. You can sure bet Transformers 5 will be an easy shoe in for 100M OW when it comes out...

it's as much as last one, which had a wed opening. so a big and creditable(no doubt) number but it's getting away with a lot more praise than it deserves. it has a new cast but they were not the real stars. shia out of tf is not like say depp out of potc (which would be unthinkable).

it's ow is 3-5m more than ca2(depending on 98/100m ow), 6-8m more than asm2, 8-10m more than dofp and 4-7m more than godzilla. all of which except dofp had bigger sunday drops due to non-summer monday.

Edited by a2k

I'm going out on a limb here and say that this isn't the movie that everyone wanted to make 100M OW and be the first movie of 2014 to do so.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 2

Transformers 5 will struggle for 90 if not lower

They've just created another few imaginary cinema customers that should be ashamed and embarrassed for paying to see it.Imaginary idiots.2014 still waiting for its first $100m opening.

Sigh, I know. Looks like Katniss we'll have to wait for.