#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

Time to give credit where credit is due.  When others said it would die with every other opener following, it continues to have the best hold in the top 10. Has surpassed two major movies both starring beloved characters and has left in the dust the other film that was supposed to have cut off its legs.  I have to bow to the Queen.

Angelina is owning the summer.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

It also possible that Cap made $94m and Spidey made $89m. As others said, this happens a lot. Regardless this is the biggest opening of the year. But I understand some peoples frustration since it is all about having the first $100m weekend of the year. TF4 essentially had this in the bag and to do this with its insane runtime makes it all the more impressive IMO

You're looking at more like 230M OW and with ease and midnight showings or whatever their called now, 7PM or 8PM showings the night before will get the maximum you possibly could for previews..

Maybe but weekend actuals are going to be lower than what the studio fudged.

• Like 1

Paramount is all like "You charging me with fudging? I'm gonna need to see a warrant!"

My face is my warrant.

LMAO even when they are caught. Nobody is supposed to tell.

17 25 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $403,920 +105.2% 281 +97 $1,437 $257,225,897 $170 13                        

- 27 The LEGO Movie WB $146,534 -15.1% 335 +20 $437 $257,000,260 $60 21

Finally!  Don't think Lego dailies will allow it to catch up again.Now lets see if Cap can hold on until November.

• Like 3

so now the other studios are crying because they claim it was less than what paramount said it was. Shame on the other studios. Every single one of them has lied about their numbers at one point or another. Go cry me a f****** River. This is awesome and I love it. As I mentioned in the estimates thread I asked Mario Kassar about this exact thing on Facebook and he replied to me that all studios fudge their numbers within a couple of million and it happens all the time and it's really nothing to worry about. So if Mario Kassar super producer says that the rest of the studios should just shut the f*** up.

Thank you B.  Very well said.  I'm laughing at so many of these studios playing dumb and throwing their hands up.  

• Like 1