BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

In the annals of sequels, Dawn is to Rise of the Planet of the Apes what The Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars -- it's that much better.

June 28, 2014

Todd McCarthy
The Hollywood Reporter
*Top Critic

This and Guardians are the only movies left this summer I must see.

Well, also Boyhood and Begin Again, but I have no idea when those'll hit my area

• Like 1

Can TF4 hit a billion worldwide (inclusive of North America).It seems to be making a massive sums in NA and China.

I doubt it.

China+DOM looks to stay flat. TF3 had $515m. TF4 won't increase

Australia, Russia and South Korea won't increase (summed together)

so it depents on South America and Europe

we will see 

• Like 2

Very few movies make me emotional but that scene in Hunger Games where the little girl died....Man, it was a gut punch.I guess that's why I "felt" Hunger Games. Yeah, I'm a sucker for emotional manipulation.

The movie spent waaay too much time grieving over a girl who appeared for maybe 5 minutes before she died. Her death never actually connected with me for some reason, maybe because she was in a game where she was supposed to be killed? I don't know, but they spent more time grieving her than she actually appeared in the movie alive.

• Like 4

But what about Spider-Man 2 or Incredibles  :ph34r:

I need to rewatch SM2 to comment on that since I last saw it years ago. The Incredibles is really great but I was talking about live-action movies. If we do count TI, I would say it comes quite close to TA in terms of entertainment.

• Like 1

I doubt it.China+DOM looks to stay flat. TF3 had $515m. TF4 won't increaseAustralia, Russia and South Korea won't increase (summed together)so it depents on South America and Europewe will see

I'm hoping AoE decreases WW, maybe it would give Paramount a hint to end the franchise.
  • Like 1

I'm hoping AoE decreases WW, maybe it would give Paramount a hint to end the franchise.

Why would they end a franchise that is grossing them a billion dollars?

• Like 1

The movie spent waaay too much time grieving over a girl who appeared for maybe 5 minutes before she died. Her death never actually connected with me for some reason, maybe because she was in a game where she was supposed to be killed? I don't know, but they spent more time grieving her than she actually appeared in the movie alive.

So in real life you aren't disturbed when you hear about a child's death? Even if you don't know them, it's still awful.

• Like 1

Worst part about that movie by far. I I liked i t overall though Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Well, that's dumb. Animated movies should be everyone, not just kids. Statements like this get me pissed honestly, but since I'm heading out in like five min, I won't give you my typical rant

I would like to get an animated movie for adults. But at the moment the big budget ones are mainly produced with kids in mind.

• Like 1

There's a difference between working from similar concepts or ideas and straight "ripping off" (which really doesn't happen that often). I have no interest in FIOS, but a strong similarity to LOVE STORY shouldn't be held against it.

I explicitly said that I am not arguing it's a ripoff. I was just surprised that the time elapsed between the two films should matter at all.
  • Like 2