#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

You took it the wrong way, girl. I didn't mean it as 'Maleficent's only watched by dumb and desperate people who have nothing else to watch' the way you interpret it. What I meant was, the market's so crowded with male-centric blockbusters so Maleficent has become one and only alternative choice for females/family hence it doesn't have to be all that great to have a good WOM to sustain such leggy run. Has TASM2 been the only SH movie this year and the only male-centric action flicks this summer it could have had the same run the same WOM as Maleficent.

Oh please The Fault in Our Stars was suppossed to "kill" Maleficent the following week given their same demographic targeting women. I guess Maleficent goes way beyond that target audience.
  • Like 3

There are plenty of movies geared at women too, starting with rom coms. They don't need to be blockbusters. There are also plenty of options other than movies from theaters to watch.It's still doesn't make sense that women will be desperate to see a movie they don't like because there is no other option available for them.

And Women were 60% of the public of Maleficent, then a lot of men saw it.I know it's difficult for some people, but audience Loved Maleficent.And, like I said, RT is not a good site for quality (for the critics). RT has a strange score and a lot of fan boys reviews.The site is metacritic.And in Metacritic, Maleficent is not far from EoT, Godzilla and had better reviews than ASM.It's a good, not great, movie, with 56 in metacritic (I will give more, 65-70). Edited by Ajbg
  • Like 3

I feel a little better today!Heading to a Mexican wedding today. Tequila night!Not many studio estimates today?

Edited by #ED
  • Like 4

There are plenty of movies geared at women too, starting with rom coms.  They don't need to be blockbusters.  There are also plenty of options other than movies from theaters to watch.

It's still doesn't make sense that women will be desperate to see a movie they don't like because there is no other option available for them.

But that's exactly my point, women finds Maleficent more appealing because of the theme, the premise, etc. so they picked Maleficent over any SH movies or EOT even though those got better reviews. I didn't say it's wrong that they did that, just my thought on it's leggier than usual run.

Oh please The Fault in Our Stars was suppossed to "kill" Maleficent the following week given their same demographic targeting women. I guess Maleficent goes way beyond that target audience.

Maleficent has wider appeal than straight out chick flicks though, it also appeals to epic fantasy audience.

I seriously don't get why people continue to act surprised that films starring female characters are doing so well. They acted surprised with Frozen and CF and they are now surprised with Maleficent. Although it wasn't that great of a movie, I kinda hope Maleficent wins the summer just so it will encourage studios to release more blockbusters starring female characters. 

• Like 3

I seriously don't get why people continue to act surprised that films starring female characters are doing so well. They acted surprised with Frozen and CF and they are now surprised with Maleficent. Although it wasn't that great of a movie, I kinda hope Maleficent wins the summer just so it will encourage studios to release more blockbusters starring female characters. 

Probably because many of the posters here are adult male geeks, so we don't get many other perspectives on films voiced in the various threads, or they tend to get drowned out.