#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Are there Japan #s for Maleficent already? Where are those? What are the #s?

Heading for possible $8m OW. It had $4m OD. Could be biggest of the year, and with typical Japan run can make $50-70m in the market. La Dame Maleficent is practically locked for $700m WW with those numbers.

Posted Image

Meh for all the openers except Tammy, although even that won't come close to the totals of McCarthy's two vehicles from last year (not that it needs to to be considered a success since it will have made back its budget by the end of today).

Hopefully Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will shake things up a bit and overperform next weekend.

Damn. I realy want to see a continuation to Evelyn Salt's story. She was all ready to start hunting down the Russian agents that had infiltrated her turf... :(

Me too. I loved Salt. There's never gonna be a sequel right? :(

Edited by Sky™
  • Like 1

Me too. I loved Salt. There's never gonna be a sequel right? :(

It's probably just a distant dream at this point. The sad thing is that it's her only action vehicle that has a logical, organic way for a sequel to be made. There are so many things that a sequel could've explored. Ugh. It makes me sad that she is never doing it.
  • Like 2

Meh for all the openers except Tammy, although even that won't come close to the totals of McCarthy's two vehicles from last year (not that it needs to to be considered a success since it will have made back its budget by the end of today).

Hopefully Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will shake things up a bit and overperform next weekend.

When would we talk about Apes 2 overperforming? I would say if it makes $250m+ it definitely overperformed.

Nope I'll catch them at home

Why?!? Do you not go to the cinemas anymore?

There are plenty of movies geared at women too, starting with rom coms.  They don't need to be blockbusters.  There are also plenty of options other than movies from theaters to watch.

It's still doesn't make sense that women will be desperate to see a movie they don't like because there is no other option available for them.  I mean the premise that anyone will go watch a movie they don't like, pay for it just out of desperation because of nothing else available to them doesn't make sense.

If they don't like it, why chose it among others out of desperation ?  It's clear something attracted them to it more than any other despite the so called desperation.

You contradict yourself. Why do women go flock to all those crappy rom-coms? They know it's crap, but they still go to it. It's not like that's the only thing they are interested in. All the women I've met like anything, sure they're not that into seeing very male skewing flicks like Transformers or some superheroes/action movies, but fantasy, sci-fi, dramas, thrillers, comedies etc. It's like asking why do males watch TF or all those shitty action films?

Maleficent's biggest coup is Jolie. Lots of people who've watched it have done so because of Jolie. She's a real star. Cast anyone else and Maleficent wouldn't make $180m. Hell, all the troll Maleficent supporters on this forum are basically Jolie fans, I doubt they'd like it as much or at all if Jolie wasn't in it.

And Women were 60% of the public of Maleficent, then a lot of men saw it.I know it's difficult for some people, but audience Loved Maleficent.And, like I said, RT is not a good site for quality (for the critics). RT has a strange score and a lot of fan boys reviews.The site is metacritic.And in Metacritic, Maleficent is not far from EoT, Godzilla and had better reviews than ASM.It's a good, not great, movie, with 56 in metacritic (I will give more, 65-70).

What a bullshit spinner.

Audience loved it but it has a 75% whereas DOFP, EOT and Dragon all remain above 90%. Fault is above 80%. Chef is at 89%.

That's more akin to Godzilla and TASM2 both at 71%.

Not far from EOT on MC? lol it is VERY EASY to get a score that Maleficent has. It is difficult to be rated green, much more above 70. Take your spin somewhere else.

• Like 1

Why?!? Do you not go to the cinemas anymore?

You contradict yourself. Why do women go flock to all those crappy rom-coms? They know it's crap, but they still go to it. It's not like that's the only thing they are interested in. All the women I've met like anything, sure they're not that into seeing very male skewing flicks like Transformers or some superheroes/action movies, but fantasy, sci-fi, dramas, thrillers, comedies etc. It's like asking why do males watch TF or all those shitty action films?

Maleficent's biggest coup is Jolie. Lots of people who've watched it have done so because of Jolie. She's a real star. Cast anyone else and Maleficent wouldn't make $180m. Hell, all the troll Maleficent supporters on this forum are basically Jolie fans, I doubt they'd like it as much or at all if Jolie wasn't in it.

What a bullshit spinner.

Audience loved it but it has a 75% whereas DOFP, EOT and Dragon all remain above 90%. Fault is above 80%. Chef is at 89%.

That's more akin to Godzilla and TASM2 both at 71%.

Not far from EOT on MC? lol it is VERY EASY to get a score that Maleficent has. It is difficult to be rated green, much more above 70. Take your spin somewhere else.

So women go to certain movies they know they won't like out of desperation but men go to crappy movies like TASM2 or Transformers out of love of said movies ?

My point is, nobody go see a movie out of desperation.  people go there because they like it or expect it to like it based on their own taste....not because they are desperate to see it no matter their taste.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

When thinking about how some of the megabudget summer movies have disappointed financially so far, does anybody think this is a sign of Spielberg's prediction last summer about the implosion of the film industry?  Or is this just a few bad apples, but everything will be back to normal with Mockingjay and then next summer's megabudget movies? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/spielberg-movie-industry_n_3435818.html

I didn't read it all. But, for what You wrote it's one of the most stupid articles ever.Not a single bomb this year, and the only mega picture Who maybe will loose some money is EOT, and it'll not loose much.
  • Like 1