Plain Old Tele

Monday Numbers 7/7 | AOE 4.76, Tammy 2.78, 22 Jump 1.55, Dragon2 1.45, DUFE 1.42, ETE 1.3 (spatula) | Actuals p13

TF4's looking at 250M+ so Maleficent's going to need some super holds to become number 1 movie of the summer.

It's at $175 million right now, and Apes 2 could cause another 50%+ drop. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up where POTC 4 did - $240 million. I can't see this latest one holding as well as the first 3 with the "it's too long!" vibe everyone's been giving off. If Apes 2 is as amazing as the reviews say, $250 million+ might just happen. GotG also has an outside shot.Top 5 is locked for Maleficent at this point, and Top 3 is almost a sure thing.
  • Like 4

The Dumbo live action movie plan from Disney from the writer of TF2, TF3 and TF4 is the most insane and hilarious thing I have read all year.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

It's PG. It was clearly made with a younger audience in mind, regardless of its themes.

Rape/revenge theme is definitely not for family audience or kids. 

It's at $175 million right now, and Apes 2 could cause another 50%+ drop. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up where POTC 4 did - $240 million. I can't see this latest one holding as well as the first 3 with the "it's too long!" vibe everyone's been giving off.If Apes 2 is as amazing as the reviews say, $250 million+ might just happen. GotG also has an outside shot.Top 5 is locked for Maleficent at this point, and Top 3 is almost a sure thing.

Yeah, top 5 is locked. It even has a shot at TF4 if that collapses against Apes while I'm expecting 270M+ for GOTG. That might be the biggest shock of the summer where legs are nowhere to be found. I'm expecting 75M+ OW followed by great legs.  

• Like 3

Rape/revenge theme is definitely not for family audience or kids.

Well good kids / family films deal with those kinds of issues in a smart way, while still being good enough for the parents and kids to watch together.

Maleficent is not one of those kinds of films. The rape metaphor in the film is absolutely idiotic.

• Like 3

Hopefully Apes breaks out(80M+).The reviews are amazing thus far.

If Apes opened to $80 million (which is quite the longshot at this point, I'd say) I think it has a great shot at #1 for the summer assuming GotG doesn't massively breakout. 

• Like 2