Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

4 hours ago, Alli said:

this will probably be the best of the live action remakes this year

You won't find a single soul who doesn't think exactly the opposite! :)

In 2019, get ready to soar. #Dumbo

In 2019, get ready to ROAR!! #LionKing :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, CoolEric258 said:

Further proof of the people's love for elephants. This is gonna explode!

BREAKING : Disney execs asked to push elephants in canals, gutters and other such shallow water-bodies, and get locals to rescue them as part of global promotions for Dumbo. "This generates empathy for the creatures while helping our movie" one anonymous exec confided. When asked about the trauma and pain the elephant has to go through, the exec replied "Elephants, like with lobsters, don't feel pain". Dumbo releases March 29th and is expected to make a big splash.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, jedijake said:

That's shockingly low. I had it at around $75-$80 million OW and $230-$250 million domestic. 

Honestly, that OW sounds about right. It's very similar to what Cinderella got a couples years ago. I do think the legs seem pretty weak though. I feel like a 3.2 or 3.3 multiplier sounds about right

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Still thinking $ 60-65M debut for a $ 200-210M total (so, similar debut with slighty better legs compared to BOP Prediction).

Seems about right total wise, though legs are a bit wonky as the OW imho would be around $65M-$70M. Shazam may hurt it’s second weekend and a 3x multiple is around what Disney live action remakes (barring Jungle Book) is the normal range.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Little overlooked fact. If Dumbo DOES miss $200 million domestic as the projections suggest, it will be the SIXTH Disney Studios film to fail to reach $200 million in a row (not Pixar-but Disney Studios itself). Wrinkle In Time, Christopher Robbin, Nutcracker, Ralph2, Poppins Returns, and then Dumbo. Ralph still has a chance but I don't know if it will.

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

Ralph still has a chance but I don't know if it will.

If Disney wanted to push Ralph to $200 million, it certainly could. Tangled managed to hit $200 million from even further behind. Might require some creative accounting or double features with Captain Marvel though.

Estimates for this weekend:

Ralph Breaks the Internet $740,000 -36% 795 -234 $931 $197,034,779

Tangled (Domestic Total Gross: $200,821,936)

Feb 11–13 16 $813,849 -56.0% 784 -585 $1,038 $193,304,696 12