Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

Honest question...

Is Disney marketing this movie everywhere that I don't look?  I can't escape Aladdin advertising but I have literally seen no trailers (on any of the 3 kids movies I've seen this year - Kid Who Would Be King, Lego 2, and Ralph - and Ralph was a dang Disney movie), no tv commercials, no online ads directed at me (even though I've bought all these kid tickets online), etc...

Is this like their forgotten movie this year?

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Honest question...

Is Disney marketing this movie everywhere that I don't look?  I can't escape Aladdin advertising but I have literally seen no trailers (on any of the 3 kids movies I've seen this year - Kid Who Would Be King, Lego 2, and Ralph - and Ralph was a dang Disney movie), no tv commercials, no online ads directed at me (even though I've bought all these kid tickets online), etc...

I’ve seen plenty TV spots, and tracking is really solid, they must be doing their job right making families / children’s know about it.

Also premiere is today, apparently social media embargo drops rights after, marketing should be strong after premiere.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I’ve seen plenty TV spots, and tracking is really solid, they must be doing their job right making families / children’s know about it.

Also premiere is today, apparently social media embargo drops rights after, marketing should be strong after premiere.

I only point out...I'm a mom getting nothing...and I've gotten tons for Captain Marvel, and Ralph, and already for Aladdin and Toy Story 4...but I'm not getting any info for Dumbo anywhere...I just went back on this thread to watch the latest trailer for the 1st time...

I'm worried Disney has just assumed this will do well, and that's never a great strategy...especially when boxed in by 2 possible big weekend performers...

Although if they are using their corporate platforms, I'd miss the advertising, since I don't follow most of those (like ESPN, Disney channel, ABC, etc)...so if you are seeing advertising, maybe I've just been wildly unlucky...

Edited by TwoMisfits

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I only point out...I'm a mom getting nothing...and I've gotten tons for Captain Marvel, and Ralph, and already for Aladdin and Toy Story 4...but I'm not getting any info for Dumbo anywhere...I just went back on this thread to watch the latest trailer for the 1st time...

I'm worried Disney has just assumed this will do well, and that's never a great strategy...especially when boxed in by 2 possible big weekend performers...

Although if they are using their corporate platforms, I'd miss the advertising, since I don't follow most of those (like ESPN, Disney channel, ABC, etc)...so if you are seeing advertising, maybe I've just been wildly unlucky...

They’re using Disney Channel haha

But don’t worry, marketing always become aggressive close to release date. Also, they send Dumbo trailer with Captain Marvel 2D copies for cinemas, so a lot of people is probably watching considering how big CM was.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Honest question...

Disney is now promoting it at theaters now that Captain Marvel has passed so I imagine marketing is about to ramp up to 11 between now and the 29th. 

• Like 1

• Like 7