Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

Well, the one that looked the best does the worst and apparently audiences don't like it. 

Perhaps there isn't any 90s or princess nostalgia that powered shite like Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.

Would be too much to ask for Lion King and Aladdin to fail, but it would be lovely. 

• Knock It Off 1

Since Disney started the Live Action adaptions of the animated fare something had to be the first disappointment. I was surprised that Dumbo was coming so soon frankly. Cinderella, BatB and Jungle Book all made sense to me, my feeling was they were at the top of the beloved in Disney circles. Dumbo...not so much.

Aladdin....you are on the clock and that could go either way but it is a beloved animated film. I would've thought they might make Little Mermaid a higher priority. With Frozen going for an animated followup it'll be some time before that is done live action I'd wager. However, when they do...watch out!!

:rofl: at people shitting on the live action remakes form Disney

Because Warner doing the 10th Batman movie in 30 years is now considered the epitome of originality, amirite ?

Forget it, it must be Universal doing the Sixth JP movie and 11 Fast and Furious movies  that really show to these basic and greedy Disney suits how creativity is fucking done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guys, please, it is just your own lack of judgement.

Dumbo looked like a COLOSSAL train-wreck from day one. I have been saying it constantly, this movie shouldn't have been made, and every cent it gets is one too much. NO ONE wanted this movie. Even the trailers looked very bad - and the actual movie is much worse (the concept - not the execution). I'm only sorry for my man Colin Farrell. Dude never got his luck with projects, even being Irish and all.

Aladdin and Lion King though are a TOTALLY DIFFERENT beast. They literally have NOTHING in common with the Dumbo miscarriage.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 10:43 AM, shayhiri said:

Guys, please, it is just your own lack of judgement.

Dumbo looked like a COLOSSAL train-wreck from day one. I have been saying it constantly, this movie shouldn't have been made, and every cent it gets is one too much. NO ONE wanted this movie. Even the trailers looked very bad - and the actual movie is much worse (the concept - not the execution). I'm only sorry for my man Colin Farrell. Dude never got his luck with projects, even being Irish and all.

Aladdin and Lion King though are a TOTALLY DIFFERENT beast. They literally have NOTHING in common with the Dumbo miscarriage.

Disagree that it looked like a train wreck. The first trailer with the Baby Mine cover still Wells me up. Obviously it looks like the movie didn’t like

up to it

This actually looks really good. Visually it is great movie.

But that's basically the only thing that works in the movie. 

It might find a bigger audience with streaming and TV, though. It's not something that will bother you if you watch it, but I wish I hadn't spent money on theaters. 

Saw this today, and I actually think the big problem with it lies in the first half of the film that sticks true to the original. I found it painfully slow, and not to mention some of the stuff that happens in the first half are just as traumatic to kids I'd imagine as they are in the animated one. I was actually on board with the second half though. Far from perfect, but there was some genuine creativity on display, with the futuristic art deco inspired theme park setting in particular being a highlight. The story was just more engaging in the second half as well.

My other complaint would be that the kid actors were atrocious. They both had two facial expressions, and one of them was a blank stare they use for 80% of their screentime. Overall, I wish this whole thing would have been 100% its own unique thing, it could have really worked that way I think.  Sadly, Disney will probably stray even further from making changes to these after the bombage. 

Edited by MovieMan89