CoolioD1

Wednesday Actuals: TF4 - 3.68M (pg 10)

Why not? Thur drops are normal and Apes 2 even though it doesn't look like it will be a huge opener will probably be taking some bigger screens etc from all the hold overs.

Yup Edited by #ED

Fox seems to be botching the Apes release. Poor marketing plus a late preview showtime. If you're gonna go before midnight, you might as well go for primetime at 7 or 8 PM. At least the movie itself seems to be very well made, so hopefully the WOM will help it overcome some of the mistakes by Fox.

• Like 7

Fox has just failed at marketing Dawn. The TV spots are cringe worthy and the trailers didn't look incredibly interesting. The thing which has got me hyped for Dawn are the audience reactions and the critics loving it.

• Like 2

Fox has just failed at marketing Dawn. The TV spots are cringe worthy and the trailers didn't look incredibly interesting. The thing which has got me hyped for Dawn are the audience reactions and the critics loving it.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the first movie and felt the marketing for the sequel was pretty bad. It sounds like there is a much better movie hidden under the bad marketing, but we'll see this weekend.

• Like 1

You like only one movie?Because if you do, I feel sorry for you.Just for the record, I love more than one movie and a few of them are sure to beat yours.

:rofl: :rofl: The odds are never in your favor, because I DO like more than ONE movie.

You are so right, I'm sure it will. :)

• Like 1

Transformers drops -52% week-to-week. Considering that last Wednesday was itself an incredibly shitty day, that's quite a weak performance. Tammy down -59% but that's forgivable given that last Wed was its opening.

Edge matches Malf with -24%. I'd calculate them all but I should be working...

• Like 2

Transformers drops -52% week-to-week. Considering that last Wednesday was itself an incredibly shitty day, that's quite a weak performance. Tammy down -59% but that's forgivable given that last Wed was its opening.

Edge matches Malf with -24%. I'd calculate them all but I should be working...

Bahhhh humbug! Pfff, working shmorking.......I think calculating numbers IS working in my mind. :)

• Like 2

Bay and Paramount don't care with that +250m from China, they are laughing their way to the bank. :P

They much rather have $100m more in the U.S. than in China.  Not just because of the far greater cut from theatrical but because ancillary revenues (Video, TV, VOD etc)  are much greater in the U.S. and are somewhat dependent on the degree of theatrical success.

• Like 1

Yeah, I really enjoyed the first movie and felt the marketing for the sequel was pretty bad. It sounds like there is a much better movie hidden under the bad marketing, but we'll see this weekend.

They opened DOFP at 10pm as well so it looks like a Fox strategy

• Like 1

They much rather have $100m more in the U.S. than in China.  Not just because of the far greater cut from theatrical but because ancillary revenues (Video, TV, VOD etc)  are much greater in the U.S. and are somewhat dependent on the degree of theatrical success.

But they have a much better deal this time around in China.  I think they are getting about 36% of the box office.  And the DVD/BR/TV deal isn't necessarily going to be affected by the gross.  This movie might sell very well on HV.  The box office has nothing to do with that.

• Like 1

:rofl: :rofl: The odds are never in your favor, because I DO like more than ONE movie.

You are so right, I'm sure it will. :)

Yeah and some of them are going to disappoint you. I'm counting on it.

Edited by KATCH 22

But they have a much better deal this time around in China.  I think they are getting about 36% of the box office.  And the DVD/BR/TV deal isn't necessarily going to be affected by the gross.  This movie might sell very well on HV.  The box office has nothing to do with that.

The TV deal is directly tied into box office. Home video is another deal altogether.

Mon+Tue+Wed after 2nd weekend for TF movies:

TF1 14.18m, added 81.04m more - 5.71x

TF2 17.06m, added 91.69m more - 5.37x

TF3 16.54m, added 75.76m more - 4.58x

TF4 13.66m, 4.0-4.3x gives 243.7m-247.7m

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3