CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

In all seriousness, I'm truly pleased with the Apes number.  I'm curious to know if audiences fall in love with the film as critics did.

Agree that its a solid OD considering its previews were just 4M. That is just showing how backloaded its run is going to be.

• Like 1

Wins or nominations?

Well realistically they won't be getting nominations, my understanding is that the academy actually requires an actor to appear on screen in the movie, so they'd be ineligible anyway. If they were ever going to recognize motion capture performances then it should be this movie, both Serkis and Kebbell were brilliant.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 2

That'll surely happen from TF6, when TF5 makes less than 200m Dom and 350-400M in China.

Before the franchise's gone for good I want them to

- Bring back some old casts

- Have parts of the story set in space or in Cybertron, preferably that would eventually lead to Metroplex vs Trypticon, the most epic scene ever.

- Optimus & Galvatron team-up, Autobots & Decepticons team-up

Yeah I wish they would just make TF movies to please ME...

• Like 1

Transformers - 4.69 (+36%)Tammy - 4.01 (+64%)22 Jumps Street - 2.19 (+66%)How to Train Your Dragon - 1.80 (+38)Earth to Echo - 1.73 (+36%)Deliver us from Evil - 1.56 (+56%)Maleficent - 1.33 (+48%)Begin Again - 0.830 (+144%)

Thank You. Deadline was awful last night. In some cases, more than 20% wrong.
  • Like 1

Well realistically they won't be getting nominations, my understanding is that the academy actually requires an actor to appear on screen in the movie, so they'd be ineligible anyway. If they were ever going to recognize motion capture performances then it should be this movie, both Serkis and Kebbell were brilliant.

It doesn't look to be specifically excluded.

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/rules/86/rule06.html

• Like 2

Transformers - 4.69 (+36%)Tammy - 4.01 (+64%)22 Jumps Street - 2.19 (+66%)How to Train Your Dragon - 1.80 (+38)Earth to Echo - 1.73 (+36%)Deliver us from Evil - 1.56 (+56%)Maleficent - 1.33 (+48%)Begin Again - 0.830 (+144%)

Yassss I knew those numbers posted by deadline were lower.
  • Like 1

Transformers - 4.69 (+36%)

Tammy - 4.01 (+64%)

22 Jumps Street - 2.19 (+66%)

How to Train Your Dragon - 1.80 (+38)

Earth to Echo - 1.73 (+36%)

Deliver us from Evil - 1.56 (+56%)

Maleficent - 1.33 (+48%)

Begin Again - 0.830 (+144%)

Drops from last Friday. Last Friday was depressed because of July 4th but impressive holds for 22 JS and Maleficent. 

TF4 (-56%)

Tammy (-37.5%)

22 JS (-13.7%)

HTTYD2 (-35%)

ETE (-34.7%)

DUFE (-38.7%)

Malef (-27.4%)

BA (-)

• Like 2