CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I think Transformers films will always make money, because it's core audience - children - won't realise how shit it is until they're older.I went to see Batman and Robin in the cinema when I was a child and thought it was awesome.....

First, you're wrong about it's core audience.

Second - It's narrow-minded to assume that everyone who liked these movies liked it because they didn't know better. You can't speak for everyone.

• Like 2

Bambi had a couple of adult and maybe traumatic scenes in a 90 minute movie filled with wonder, beauty, whimsy and charm that was appealing to children.  It wasn't a dark violent sci-fi movie marketed toward adults.

A couple of my 6th grade classmates had been allowed to watch Predator/Robocop and I'm pretty it broadened their worldview. ;)
  • Like 1

There's always the issue if a PG-13 movie is going to be too intense for younger kids. None of the Nolan Batman films I would say appropriate for a kid under 9. I even thought Dead Man's Chest would have been to intense for little kids.But at the end of the day parents know what's best for their kids

A little girl cried VERY loudly during the big climax in one of the Frozen screenings that I went to, and that was rated PG. Kids these days need thicker skins. :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 3

A couple of my 6th grade classmates had been allowed to watch Predator/Robocop and I'm pretty it broadened their worldview. ;)

6th grade is 12 years old, almost a teenager.  That's not the same as parents taking young children to violent adult geared movies.  There is no way they're doing it for the child.  Someone had their 4 year old at Snowpiercer for christsake.

• Like 1

TF movies are what I call 'junk movies'. Just like 'junk food' they are made to satisfy the basic of urges and nothing more. I would not mind the TF movies if they were not made with such cynical-ism. Women are dergraded to tits and ass, explosions happen with no sense of reasoning and the wafer-thin plot is barely executed with coherence. 

It's just nice when a big budget movie tries to not treat the audience like brain dead idiots. Hence the praise for Apes.

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 3

There's always the issue if a PG-13 movie is going to be too intense for younger kids. None of the Nolan Batman films I would say appropriate for a kid under 9. I even thought Dead Man's Chest would have been to intense for little kids.But at the end of the day parents know what's best for their kids

That's why I think common sense media's rating system is the best, it doesn't put everything under two capsules (appropriate for all ages, not appropriate for minors)
  • Like 1

TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION took in an estimated $4.83M on Friday. Domestic total now stands at $197.4M.

Could've been worse considering the early numbers, but still a big fall. I'm rooting for Apes to have the legs to surpass it, at least enough to give us one $250M grosser this summer.

And there is zero wrong with that. 

WTF.  You never say anything remotely close to cordial or civil to me.  This is about the second time in a month.  Are you feeling okay?

• Like 2

Could've been worse considering the early numbers, but still a big fall. I'm rooting for Apes to have the legs to surpass it, at least enough to give us one $250M grosser this summer.

I don't see that happening.  It would require almost a 3.6 multiplier. This isn't a comedy, animated or a family/children geared movie.  It's also not a sleeper - it's a sequel opening to $70m.

• Like 2

This is the summer of the non multiplier.  With a 70 mill opening, it would need north of a 3.5X for it to hit 250.  Not likely imo.

• Like 1

I call Transformers money well spent.  I know I'm going to be entertained.  That's why I go to the movies.

No every movie you watch you need to be lectured on about morality and politics  :) 

• Like 4