CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Do we forget about the infamous letter from Cleveland now?

It's funny how Sports in the USA is ALL ABOUT BUSINESS. "I'm coming home" (with more money).

I see no problem with it. Professional sports IS a business. Sure, the owner is an idiot but I imagine coming back to that team and that area is far bigger. 

Do we forget about the infamous letter from Cleveland now?

It's funny how Sports in the USA is ALL ABOUT BUSINESS. "I'm coming home" (with more money).

I have no issues with athletes following the money - it's not as if there's loyalty toward failing or aging athletes by fans or ownership.  Just be honest about it.  If he'd never done that idiotic TV reveal it never would have become so contentious.

• Like 1

I see no problem with it. Professional sports IS a business. Sure, the owner is an idiot but I imagine coming back to that team and that area is far bigger. 

Yeah, but there was more money to be made in Cleveland. 

Rich, I'm into legit sports. WWE.

Yeah, but there was more money to be made in Cleveland. 

There was more money to be made nearly everywhere but Miami. Dude wanted to come home and make max money at the same time. That's fine by me. That letter was ridiculous, but so was announcing his Decision to leave on national TV. As the man himself says...

The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge? 

DOFP had 10pm showings as well and did $8.1n.  Godzilla started at 9pm and did $9.3m.  And yes there were midnight showings.

The film has been tracking at $60-65m so I don't see where the surprise is.  It was never tracked to be a $90m+ or even $80m+ opener.

I've noticed you come in here a lot and tell us how wrong we all were AFTER the numbers come out.  Where are your predictions BEFORE the numbers come out?

• Like 2

^If Kevin Love goes to Cleveland then I'm hoping they will trade Wigging along other young players to Minnesota. Love doesn't play any defense, the same goes to Irving. It depends if Melo goes to Chicago. Should be interesting. 

• Like 1

I've noticed you come in here a lot and tell us how wrong we all were AFTER the numbers come out.  Where are your predictions BEFORE the numbers come out?

:lol:

I don't know about you but I think DOFP will become the highest grossing X-Men film WW

• Like 1

There was lot of testimony by the crew during the trial that he ignored repeated warnings about safety and by any reasonable measure he was beyond reckless.  In the end all he wound up getting was his hand slapped by California for violating child labor laws (though not for killing children and Vic Morrow) and civil suit damages.

http://cinetropolis.net/time-out-the-twilight-zone-movie-and-the-death-of-vic-morrow/

Why did they not find him guilty though? What the fuck?

Too big to go to jail?

So Apes has a better chance of hitting 80M than Carmelo signing with the Knicks this weekend.

The NYDailyNews said he would sign Thursday.

:lol:

• Like 1

Apes is a very interesting case of a sequel to a well-regarded movie that doesn't have a huge fan base and also skews much older and wealthier than most other summer films.  The only comp we should be using here is Rise.  This film shouldn't be acting like a sequel that we're used to.  

How exactly do you know there are more affluent people seeing this film than say any other blockbuster?

• Like 2