#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

See I thought the villain, the slight movement back the gadget and gimmicky Bond and the home alone stuff was daft and tonally at odds with the rest of the movie.

I truly don't fucking get what you guys mean with the Home Alone remake thing :lol: 

• Like 1

See I thought the villain, the slight movement back the gadget and gimmicky Bond and the home alone stuff was daft and tonally at odds with the rest of the movie.

I won't argue, but it worked for it, clearly. :)

• Like 1

For Mr. Pink

Youre right, that Rude song is annoying as hell. They played it on the radio on the way to gym, I wasnt even there an hour and got back in the car and it was playing on both our "hit music" stations at the same time. I feel like I cant escape that song now.

• Like 3

I truly don't fucking get what you guys mean with the Home Alone remake thing :lol:

Like, Bond = Macauley Culkin, sets traps in his house to prevent evil Daniel Stern and Joe Pesci from attacking mama.

• Like 3

SKYFALL was appropriately grand visually, but the plot was absurd beyond belief, as was the generally self-serious tone of the movie overall (which was completely at odds with said plot). The villain ended up being pathetically small.

Bond movies get a pass on "absurd" plots.  And Javier Bardem was one of the franchises most memorable villains.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

I remember liking Skyfall when I saw it in theaters. Then I rewatched it at home and I couldn't believe what an epic mess the movie was. The plot is a complete nonsensical fucked up. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

You only live twice is the best bond theme song. Won't hear otherwise

Live and let die.

EDIT.

Other good ones "A view to a kill" and "Goldfinger" and even "You know my name"

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

Only thing that irks me about Skyfall was the 3rd act plan, and how M went with him, knowing he was going to bait Sliva. I honestly thought the courtroom scene was the end climax, and it wouldve made a good one. The movie is beautiful and action-packed, but that plan man...

• Like 1

You only live twice is the best bond theme song. Won't hear otherwise

This might be true if this gem didn't exist:

(Ok so You Only Live Twice probably is the best)

• Like 2

You mean Star Trek Into Darkness? A rogue agent got loose and seeks to destroy the organization he used to belong?

Another The Dark Knight remake. And another one I really liked in theaters but when I rewatched at home... yeah... the plot... logic = 0.

• Like 1