CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

So am I still crazy for thinking Dawn was going to follow somewhat closely to Rise's percentage increase on Friday?

I love Dawn and am rooting heavily for it.But come on. It wasn't even 2:00 PM Pacific when these numbers came out. Anything can happen.
  • Like 1

So familes who helped hide Jews during the holocaust were wrong?The Purge is basically an American holocaust that targets the poor instead of Jews.I wanted to slap the kid at first too but ultimately he was right and the audience is wrong.

Oh, you go right to the Jews!  Way to make me feel guilty!

It's not even the same thing though.

• Like 1

I love Dawn and am rooting heavily for it.But come on. It wasn't even 2:00 PM Pacific when these numbers came out. Anything can happen.

True, but it's still good news that it has been playing well so far.

• Like 3

I am done with this summer if that happens.

This summer has been pretty much done for a while, lol. Again, the scheduling decisions this summer were truly mind-boggling. WB should've given Edge of Tomorrow this slot instead of wasting it on bomb-in-waiting-that-is-now-been-banished-to-February Jupiter Ascending.

• Like 3

The fact that THE PURGE: ANARCHY sounds like the best movie opening this weekend is quite depressing. 

With the exception of Dawn, it's fairly sad that the Purge Anarchy and Lucy are the two most appealing movies of the month.

• Like 4

The fact that THE PURGE: ANARCHY sounds like the best movie opening this weekend is quite depressing. 

rottentomatoes:

Purge Anarchy - 56% (5.4 after 72 reviews)

Sex Tape - 19% (4.1 after 89 reviews)

Planes Fire and Rescue - 46% (5.3 after 57 reviews)

Purge Anarchy is indeed the best new film this weekend.

• Like 2