CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

NO! Cars is a great movie.

It pales in comparision to every other pre-2011 Pixar film. It's a fine film, but it only got made because Disney thought it would be a great advertisement.I wish the franchise would just die, it's the worst thing to happen to Pixar. Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why people hate Purge 1 so much.There were some plot holes but overall it was somewhat exciting flick and made you think about your morals.Most thrillers don't have shit to say about society.

Because whatever themes the first might have posed about society were lost in a standard home invasion thriller populated with stupid characters who made moronic decisions at every corner.

I'm not sure why people hate Purge 1 so much.There were some plot holes but overall it was somewhat exciting flick and made you think about your morals.Most thrillers don't have shit to say about society.

I just thought it was idiotic
  • Like 1

It pales in comparision to every other pre-2011 Pixar film. It's a fine film, but it only got made because Disney thought it would be a great advertisement.I wish the franchise would just die, it's the worst thing to happen to Pixar.

Financially it is one of the best because of all the toys it sells.
  • Like 1

I just can't get past that lowest common denominator premise. I know it's a fantasy film, but the misinterpretation of the 10% thing is just something that bugs the heck out of me.

Exacty, it's why I have no interest in it.
  • Like 1

You know the summer sucks when I am not sure which thread I even want to post in.

Is there anything to say, at all? Thursday's numbers suck, Dragon/Edge/DOFP are all basically making nothing now. Dawn seems to have imploded. Three completely pointless movies- 2 sequels from last summer-opening and almost nothing on the horizon.

Even if, say, Guardians opens well, what will be in the marketplace? Hercules humongous 2nd weekend? Yeah, no.

Unless this damn summer picks up, hah, how can it when we're 75% through, time to stick a fork in it.

For all the "course correction" for Thursday/Wednesday/any other day with bad numbers, uh, what course correction? Admissions are down from every year since like 1970 or something, surely any course correction would be increases or good drops for movies not this piece of shit we're treated to.

Anyway, suppose this will be my only post until weekend numbers come in, or we get something interesting. Yawn....

It was beyond dumb.

The only thing it made me think about was why does this dumb kid care more about a stranger than he does his own family.

• Like 1