CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

It's actualy weird, I didn't like Mal, totaly didn't like (I came house angry, and very disapointed) but 3 month before the movie came out I already chose to support that movie (great trailler) and so even I likked DOFP much more I still support Mal (partly because of jolie

It has done well enough for itself  :wub:

I know it's done well especially WW but I expected more from it's DOM. I got Maleficent's appeal but since DOFP was a very good movie and had such a good head start I thought Mal would just come close but not close enough.

Maleficent deserves it, of course. I don't like the movie myself but if it can hold this well it certainly do a lot of things very right.

This summer hasn't been kind to typical summer blockbusters. The studios should rethink their summer strategy next year.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

I know it's done well especially WW but I expected more from it's DOM. I understand Maleficent's appeal but since DOFP was a very good movie and had such a good head start I thought Mal would just come close but not close enough.

Maleficent deserves it, of course. I don't like the movie myself but if it can hold this well it certainly do a lot of things very right.

This summer hasn't been kind to typical summer blockbusters. The studios should rethink their summer strategy next year.

I expected a bit more from the domestic gross too but I guess the franchise is still going through its rebuilding stage. The next movie will be the test.

• Like 1

Is $200m still possible for Jump Street? It should get at least past $190m with its good hold against Sex Tape, but with a push like TITE, it could stand a chance of making it.

There is no way Sony pushes it over TASM2. 

• Like 1

I expected a bit more from the domestic gross too but I guess the franchise is still going through its rebuilding stage. The next movie will be the test.

DOFP is going to do $100m+ more than either Wolverine of XM-FC did domestically.  X-3 was riding off the high of X-2 when the series was at the apex of it's popularity and it's taken a long time to rebuild it after the double whammy of stinkers X-3 and Origins.

• Like 4

Dat Brazil number :D  And China still wrong <_<

Brazil's number is fake. It's a three weeks number. It made 5-6 million this weekend. Just like UK, they added two weeks of previews (big previews, sessions all day in a lot of theaters).
  • Like 3