CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

Will these movies hit these milestones...

All will need dollar theater bump imo

Godzilla $200 million?

It will be ~1.5 away after this weekend. Will need WB to push it.

Neighbors $150 million?

Edge of Tomorrow $100 million?

Will be 3.5m away after this weekend (of ~1 mil). Should make it to 98.5 without help. Close enough for WB and dollar theaters to make it happen.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Okay, so if Apes does $14 million Saturday...

Fri - $10.4

Sat - $14 (+35%)

Sun - $10.1 (-28%)

That's $34.5 million, which would only be a 53% drop (only 4% more than Rise)

Damn good if you ask me. It's completely rebounded after taking bigger hits Wednesday/Thursday.

• Like 2

Good numbers all around. Especially for Apes (was hoping for 13.5, so hopefully that range stays reality).Also, there is no way Apes drops 28% on Sunday. That is basically a worst of the worst. Should drop 25% max.

• Like 2

Good numbers all around. Especially for Apes (was hoping for 13.5, so hopefully that range stays reality).Also, there is no way Apes drops 28% on Sunday. That is basically a worst of the worst. Should drop 25% max.

I was giving the worse case scenario. As in the movie has huge Friday and Saturday bumps and takes a bigger than normal hit Sunday.

• Like 1

I was giving the worse case scenario. As in the movie has huge Friday and Saturday bumps and takes a bigger than normal hit Sunday.

Well, thinking about the impressive Monday and Tuesday numbers followed by the depressing Wednesday and Thursday numbers, that's probably the way to go.
  • Like 1

I still have zero clue as to why Maleficent is holding so well. The WOM is nothing special, and the reviews are VERY mixed. To me, it was a good/decent movie. The end.It's not even the only "family film" out there. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is getting significantly better reception, yet here's Maleficent doing significantly better at the box office. This summer had no rules.With that said, good numbers for both Purge and Apes. Apes should still win the weekend though, which makes me happy.

WOM part is just flat wrong. You don't hit 3.5+ multiplier with average WOM especially in this summer. It's WOM is far closer to being great than say average.  ;)  :P  :D

• Like 6