30 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Went to a screening of this today. To my surprise, it was actually a pretty fun movie. Really good action scenes and some humorous ones as well (the rest of the audience thought it was hilarious). 

I thought it was just going to be another Hercules movie like the one the came out earlier this year (which was horrible). I had no idea going in that Hercules was just a "regular" guy.  

• Like 2

• Community Manager

Competent.

The script has some problems in that the characters are so overpowered (and shallow-it's like the writer just took video game classes and some flimsy backstory and then gave up developing them) that there's little tension and I cared very little about them. The script also tries to be like "mythology is bullshit" and then superpowers Hercules to such a degree where one wonders why the film tried debunking mythology in the first place.

Other than that, the film was fun to watch and that third act was simply phenomenal to experience in the big screen. It's a fun way to spend a Friday afternoon if you have nothing better to do.

B-

• Like 1

The movie was the perfect definition of average. However, I really enjoy The Rock, so that bumps up my rating for it. 

My biggest problem with is none of the good guys ever feel like they are in danger of dying or anything. No suspense at all in the action scenes really. 

I would give it a.......

B(85)

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

Went to a screening of this today. To my surprise, it was actually a pretty fun movie. Really good action scenes and some humorous ones as well (the rest of the audience thought it was hilarious). 

I thought it was just going to be another Hercules movie like the one the came out earlier this year (which was horrible). I had no idea going in that Hercules was just a "regular" guy.  

was he a regular guy? or was he downplaying it or did he really not know?

As why would he have done all those previous tasks from the Gods?

Anyway, I agree, a really fun movie...and good to see the Rock back...

I thought the first act was painful, but eventually it started to pick up steam. The Rock was cool, the supporting cast was fine, the action was good, but the dialogue was just awful. I did like the whole "is Hercules really the son of Zeus?" and the twist with the Thracian's and all that. The very VERY end was a letdown, but overall it was a mildly fun, yet forgettable movie.

C+/B-

I liked it enough.  It was fun, some of the action was really good.  I do agree it was a bit slow to set up the big third act/ending, but that part was very good to me.

People laughed at all the right parts and I thought it was funny at times as well.  The supporting cast did their job and of course, I liked the Rock,

It's nothing earth shattering, but still was a fun time

B

• Like 2

The big spot in the trailer featured the Rock punching a fucking lion in the face. If you honestly went into this movie expecting something other than what it was, you don't deserve to have your opinion. It's not something I'll remember by next Wednesday, but I was very entertained throughout the run time. Likable performances, good chemistry between the team, funnier than expected, and cool action. It came in, banged out 90 minutes of action and corny jokes, and left without offending anyone. It's no art, but it's FUN. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Found this mostly entertaining and unlike the clusterf that was The Legend of Hercules, this one had a charismatic lead in Dwayne Johnson (wouldn't have said that 10+ years ago when The Scorpion King came out). It's nothing fantastic but like many other Brett Ratner directed films, it's merely fun and nothing more. I did like the fact Rufus Sewell was one of the good guys, when I saw his name in the credit block, thought for sure he'd be playing the main bad guy or something.

***½/*****, (B, 6.9/10, 2.75/4)

I'm surprised at how much i enjoyed this. It was a good take on the legend of Hercules. Story was good as were the comedic elements. Overall just a fun movie to relax and not take too seriously. I like the question left at the end....is he really the son of Zeus?? (how else do you topple a gigantic statue)

B

• Like 1

The movie was the perfect definition of average. However, I really enjoy The Rock, so that bumps up my rating for it. 

My biggest problem with is none of the good guys ever feel like they are in danger of dying or anything. No suspense at all in the action scenes really. 

I would give it a.......

B(85)

.lo.l. You gave this 85!!!??