Fancyarcher

Tuesday Estimates (Spatula): Apes (5.0), PA (3.5), Pla2 (2.3), ST (2), TF4 (1.4)

Maleficent was a vicious life sucking bitch of a movie from which there is no escape.  Tragic it's doing so well.

This is a great description of that movie. Great. It deserves an applause.

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 11

I could say the same thing about TF4. :lol:

Yes, but there is a rule against using quotes from Michael Bay movies against his own films.  :)

• Like 6

Awesome numbers. Maleficent right on track to 238, kicking DOFP's overrated ass off to the curb in a few days domestically, and WW in a few weeks, with just a little help from Japan. lol.

Still obsessed with DOFP I see. The irony of a Frozenite using the word 'overrated' on another film.  :rofl:  :rofl:

Edited by Sky™
  • Like 3

T4 number one for the summer. I guess that's OK. Nothing against Maleficent but people acting surprised when a big, expensive Disney film based on a famous fairy tale in a genre that makes money (AIW over a billion) does well at the bo make no sense.  

Edited by straggler
  • Like 1

It's probably not as popular in Canada

PA of cause Tue mkt share was higher but overall its only about 5% of Dom, Purge overall Canada was only about 6% of domestic so under norm I can't recall for its Genre what Canada would normally do.

• Like 1

Oh look

Maleficent ain't gonna have any moment as the highest grossing movie of the summer!

People expected Maleficent to be the highest grossing movie of the summer?  To come close is good enough, people didn't even expect it to gross 200 million.

Edited by wfb
  • Like 4

Those Lucy reviews...apparently the movie is completely mismarketed and it's more about ideas and the meaning of life and shit than ScarJo kicking ass...I'm reading tweets from critics saying it could get an F Cinemascore, not b/c it's bad but b/c it's false advertising. 

People expected Maleficent to be the highest grossing movie of the summer?  To come close is good enough, people didn't even expect it to gross 200 million.

+1000.  Just a lot of butthurt from DOFP fanboys who still can't believe how well Maleficent has done. 

The top 3 movies of the summer will be TF4, Maleficent, and hopefully Apes, with DOFP and TASM nowhere in sight.  :lol: And to add salt in their wounds, TF4 and Maleficent could very well take 1 and 2 in the WW box office standings until December.

+1000. Just a lot of butthurt from DOFP fanboys who still can't believe how well Maleficent has done. The top 3 movies of the summer will be TF4, Maleficent, and hopefully Apes, with DOFP and TASM nowhere in sight. :lol: And to add salt in their wounds, TF4 and Maleficent could very well take 1 and 2 in the WW box office standings until December.

Yet Captain America 4879273739372629463 will still be #1 of the year domestically. That must eat you up inside, huh?
  • Like 3

Sadest part about this year...

If MOS came out this year and did the same numbers, we would have singing its praises in terms of its success lol. 

It depends. We'd praise it's DOM number but WW it'd be behind the other SHs, even GOTG could even beat it WW. I know people would bring up it's OS number every time the DOM got mentioned. As a MOS fan I feel like I'd have a harder time defending it.

At least last year it only lost to IM3.

Edited by KATCH 22

PA of cause Tue mkt share was higher but overall its only about 5% of Dom, Purge overall Canada was only about 6% of domestic so under norm I can't recall for its Genre what Canada would normally do.

Hmmm I just figured it was because of the smaller Tuesday increase

+1000.  Just a lot of butthurt from DOFP fanboys who still can't believe how well Maleficent has done. 

The top 3 movies of the summer will be TF4, Maleficent, and hopefully Apes, with DOFP and TASM nowhere in sight.  :lol: And to add salt in their wounds, TF4 and Maleficent could very well take 1 and 2 in the WW box office standings until December.

Posted Image

• Like 1

+1000. Just a lot of butthurt from DOFP fanboys who still can't believe how well Maleficent has done.

The top 3 movies of the summer will be TF4, Maleficent, and hopefully Apes, with DOFP and TASM nowhere in sight. :lol: And to add salt in their wounds, TF4 and Maleficent could very well take 1 and 2 in the WW box office standings until December.

I think everyone recognizes how well Maleficent has done. And where is this butthurt you've been talking about nonstop since so long now?

Posted Image

You're the only one being butthurt about an actually good film getting good reviews. 70% of your posts on this forum mention this "overrated" movie that you totally hated. Saying DOFP is overrated complaining about 'quality' and literally frothing at the mouth to see even worse movies outgross it? Lol. Stop giving Maleficent/Hunger Games/Frozen fans a bad name, because you're seriously embarrassing.

• Like 3

Yet Captain America 4879273739372629463 will still be #1 of the year domestically.That must eat you up inside, huh?

Not really.  $240 mill domestic, 740-750mil WW is much more than i could have ever dreamed for Maleficent.  Beating DOFP and TASM everywhere, and beating CA2 WW, is just icing on the cake!!   :sherlock:

• Like 1

Awesome numbers.  Maleficent right on track to 238, kicking DOFP's overrated ass off to the curb in a few days domestically, and WW in a few weeks, with just a little help from Japan.  lol. 

You don't have any friends, do you? At least none that really care about you.

• Like 3

Those Lucy reviews...apparently the movie is completely mismarketed and it's more about ideas and the meaning of life and shit than ScarJo kicking ass...I'm reading tweets from critics saying it could get an F Cinemascore, not b/c it's bad but b/c it's false advertising. 

I don't know why studios do this. This will only result in bad WOM and poor legs. Now it may not even reach $100 million even with a $40 million opening.