Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

black widow, as depicted in the movies, is not an interesting character.then again, neither is thor really and he has six movies or something, so why not?

Exactly. Even if you don't think she's terribly interesting, that should preclude her from having one movie of her own? After she's been supporting the male leads for several movies and you just know a Widow movie would make big money. I'm tired of hearing this "why make a Black Widow movie that would only make 600M when you could make another movie I wanna see that would make 650M?"
  • Like 2

Give me a break. The character is fully established with audiences and Scarlett is a legitimate action draw. Not doing one just seems foolish.

With Black Widow you're looking at Incredible Hulk numbers at best.

Marvel's strategy is to get B-list and C-list characters to make A-list money as they have done with Captain America and Thor.

Black Widow simply cannot pull in that kind of money.  It's a waste of time for studio that has built up a line up so strong that every movie grosses well over 500 m.

Marvel could make 6 movies in a row, all grossing over 500 m. They're too big for a BW solo movie.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

Exactly. Even if you don't think she's terribly interesting, that should preclude her from having one movie of her own? After she's been supporting the male leads for several movies and you just know a Widow movie would make big money. I'm tired of hearing this "why make a Black Widow movie that would only make 600M when you could make another movie I wanna see that would make 650M?"

But do you really think a Black Widow movie will make upwards of $ 600 million? Thor was bad, but it had a lot of supernatural and super powers effects in the movie that the audiences enjoyed. Widow's character is more along the lines of Salt to me, ass kicking Russian assassin/spy. I wonder what Marvel would base the BW movie on? Edited by sfran43
  • Like 2

Maleficent and Godzilla say no. It's possible the tastes of the majority of the posters here are simply not as in touch with the GA as some would like to think.

That's the bottom line.

• Like 1

So, a live action SHIELD movie? :lol:

SHIELD though is kind of kaput.  They need to make it more of a spy film - more like James Bond movie but with maybe a supernatural bent because it's still Marvel not Bond or Bourne.  And it has to be different enough from the political thriller action movies they're doing with Cap or it would feel redundant and Marvel likes to have each of their series with a different spin. Her being an undercover spy though took a hit when all her secrets were leaked in TWS.  If they can get around her loss of anonymity so she can be a spy again I think maybe a Black Widow movie with her trying to infiltrate the Serpent Society or AIM might work.  Hawkeye, Hill and Fury then could be part of entourage.

With GOTG and Marvel going intergalactic a Captain Marvel movie with Danvers might come first.

Edited by TalismanRing

In TA Black Widow had absolutely no personality, but I presume that's not the case in CA2 and why people are actually gunning for a BW movie? [Please note I'm not saying this to start a flame war, I'm genuinely curious.]

I didn't care for her at all in IM2, tolerated her in Avengers and simply adore her in Cap 2.  Not only was she kickass they actually injected a bit of soul into her character. There are many ways they can do a black widow movie.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Marvel is in the big leagues. 

Studios like Universal and Sony wish they were as successful as Marvel Studios.

You don't let minor league players bat for major league teams when you're trying to win the championship.