lilmac

Tuesday #'s (Lucy-5.2,Herc-3.6,Apes-2.4 -Rth) purge-1.63 - Spatula

Well a movie can play well during the week and still drop extremely hard during the weekend. Like movies like Godzilla and Fault in Our Stars

Even if Lucy legs out only marginally better than Godzilla, it can make it to $100m.

Well at least we know a that Apes will cross $200 million sometime next week hopefully or the early part of the week after that.

It already dropped more than 50% this past weekend with the strong arrival of Hercules. I see another huge drop this weekend when the more anticipated GOTG hits theater this weekend, and again when TMNT hits the following weekend. Even though it will pass $200 million, it won't make that much more to join the $220-$230 club that was predicted after it's opening weekend. It's sad that Apes2 legs are not as strong as the first Apes, but with too many competitions, it's not surprising. Edited by sfran43
  • Like 2

It already dropped more than 50% this past weekend with the strong arrival of Hercules, I see another huge drop this weekend when the more anticipated GOTG hits theater this weekend. And again when TMNT hits the following weekend. Even though it will pass $200 million, it won't make that much more to join the $220-$230 club that was predicted after it's opening weekend. It's sad that Apes2 legs are not as strong as the first Apes, but with too many competitions, it's not surprising.

:(

Im thinking if Scarjo can hang on.. She can make it close to my 135-140M predict :)

140M would be incredible for Lucy, however difficult. 120M seems to be the ceiling, it's definitely holdin better than I expected though

It already dropped more than 50% this past weekend with the strong arrival of Hercules. I see another huge drop this weekend when the more anticipated GOTG hits theater this weekend, and again when TMNT hits the following weekend. Even though it will pass $200 million, it won't make that much more to join the $220-$230 club that was predicted after it's opening weekend. It's sad that Apes2 legs are not as strong as the first Apes, but with too many competitions, it's not surprising.

Ikr. Really loved that movie, sad about the drops but $205-210m is decent and better than Rises.

It already dropped more than 50% this past weekend with the strong arrival of Hercules. I see another huge drop this weekend when the more anticipated GOTG hits theater this weekend, and again when TMNT hits the following weekend. Even though it will pass $200 million, it won't make that much more to join the $220-$230 club that was predicted after it's opening weekend. It's sad that Apes2 legs are not as strong as the first Apes, but with too many competitions, it's not surprising.

Yeah. This is in my opinion has been one of the worst summers for films, mostly box office gross and legs for certain films. Many of the films either underwhelmed and did well at the box office (Transformers, Spider-man 2) or Critical smashes but underperforming box office returns (Edge of Tomorrow, HtTyD2). Either way, this was an underwhelming year.

I looked up if any of the chains were running Lego as one of those summer kid matinee things yesterday, and it looks like it's Cinemark.Regal also has Lego as part of their summer kid series, but I think they have a set of movies that play on different weeks at different locations. On the other hand, it seems like all or most participating Cinemark locations are running Lego as their kiddie matinee this week?

Edited by TServo2049