Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Wow... Didn't see that coming!Had predicted 7M Thursday and a 75-80M OW. First Lucy opening 10M over my prediction and now this... I really need to rethink my predicting strategy :DSo happy with these numbers though! Hoping I see this tonight or tomorrow!!!

In the UK/IrelandGuardians opened to $2.3M in previews, which is 8% above the opening day of Cap 2

Brazil got hooked on a feeling to the tune of $800K yesterday.

GOTGalso bowed in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Uruguay and Central America, and earned a total $1.6M across the region. That was 7% up on Thor 2 and 9% up on Cap 2

It's breaking out everywhere. 700M+ looks possible maybe even wining the year for SH movies.  :D
  • Like 10

My turtles..... :unsure:

Turtles will be fine. Marketing has been great IMO. But a 100+ GotG OW and strong WOM may stop it from getting number 1. Hard to believe that GotG at #1 could happen. It looks like the ex3 leak could depress its OW just enough.

Who? Me? First of all, I will see it, but I have to wait till next week. It gets here 08.08.2014. Second of all, you have your taste in movies, I have mine. No need to be rude.

lol he definitely was talking to you. 

It isn't. 90M OW yes, 100M no. It is running behind CA2 according to spatula. 

LOL he posted that before 9am on the west coast. There's no way to even predict where its heading this early in the morning.

• Like 2

1.Have you not even seen a trailer?2.Did I quote you?3.I've now decided to retcon that post into being entirely directed at you.Goodnight all.

Have I seen a trailer? What? What does seeing the trailer has to do with anything? I don't live in the US so there are different release dates. And you havent quoted anyone but you post was right after mine. You need to chill dude.

Exactly. Cap 2 did 10 million on a Thursday night in early April! This did 11 million on a Thursday night in late July!

Apples and oranges. 

Lousy movies do lousy numbers.

Good movies do good numbers.

Great movies do great numbers.

Time of year does not mean as much now as in the past as studios are finding out.  ( and this summer has shown )

Remember... Thursday previews are no longer mid-night showings.  They start at 7 or 8.

I had no problem taking my 11 year old to the Thor & Captain marathons ( 3 movie nights ) on a school night.  In fact it was easier finding time to do a weekend movie in the fall & spring because we have so much going on during the summer nights.

LOL he posted that before 9am on the west coast. There's no way to even predict where its heading this early in the morning.

Yeah running 20% behind at noon means 8 people saw it instead of 10 :rofl:

Except that critic reactions/scores and audience reception is through the roof. you're just salty because you don't want Marvel succeeding

I still think it has the worst trailers of any marvel movie. It looks way to campy. I would rather have captain America to beat GotG OW and total. I do not understand appeal to this movie like transformers.

Shit. So it is nothing more than the trailers show....

---------------------------------------------------------------

700M WW, maybe? :o very huge

LOL He was being sarcastic.

Lousy movies do lousy numbers.

Good movies do good numbers.

Great movies do great numbers.

I know we're all excited about a few big movies that were good doing well recently but this is really, really not true

• Like 3

Have I seen a trailer? What? What does seeing the trailer has to do with anything? I don't live in the US so there are different release dates. And you havent quoted anyone but you post was right after mine. You need to chill dude.

Ok I'll be nice and explain. A line in the trailer is "What a bunch of a-holes"  So DeeCee was just making a joke encouraging people to see GOTG but you took it as directed at you for no reason at all. lol. 

• Like 1