Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Everyone was banking on the Thor/Loki to bring in both the guys and girls ... and worldwide it did the job as it performed comparable to Cap 2, etc ... but in the US, it just didn't get the big bump.  It's possible being in November with Hunger Games a few weeks later didn't help ... but it was obvious after 2 weeks that it wasn't going to go 250+.

It's easily the worst Phase II movie and surely gonna stay that way, the Iron Man 2 of this phase. They need to up their game for Thor 3.

• Like 8

Spider-Man is also my favorite character and that doesn't stop me from hating SM3 and ASM2....like real hate.

I've been wondering but haven't done much investigating as to why ASM2 is pretty universally disliked more than ASM. I thought they were both equally disappointing, irrelevant, and unnecessary. ASM2 does become a little more clustered but overall I would say that I found it more entertaining than ASM. Probably mostly because of the retelling of the origin story in ASM.

It's easily the worst Phase II movie and surely gonna stay that way, the Iron Man 2 of this phase. They need to up their game for Thor 3.

I was painfully worried for Marvel after how Thor 2 performed, im not anymore.

• Like 1

I've been wondering but haven't done much investigating as to why ASM2 is pretty universally disliked more than ASM. I thought they were both equally disappointing, irrelevant, and unnecessary. ASM2 does become a little more clustered but overall I would say that I found it more entertaining than ASM. Probably mostly because of the retelling of the origin story in ASM.

i think ASM2 was a step up from ASM. Im surprised people liked it less. 

• Like 3

i think ASM2 was a step up from ASM. Im surprised people liked it less. 

I didn't, I thought ASM1 was good on everything except the villain, it just kind of felt like a "been there, done that" sort of movie.  ASM2 was outright manufacturing line garbage.