Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Instead of the character being played along the big-tough-guy-with-a-heart-of-gold cliché, he was played as a traumatized guy who happened to be really big.  Such an approach is the smart way to make characters connect with the audience.  Kudos to Gunn for turning that table, and to Bautista for pulling it off.

I loved all the characters so much I cnt really tell you my favorite, but I was wowed by Bautista as well. He was advertised as a not smiling character, the muscle. So when he started making wisecracks and didnt get the metaphors, I was surprised. Then his charisma really came out. He had just as much charisma as Quill. I think people doubted him cuz he was a WWE wrestler, but theyre technically actors. Dont knock it till you see. Cant wait to see more of him, and every else. Nebula tho.
  • Like 1

great to hear about GOTG since some people compared it's hype to Pacific Rim and Get On Up is okay since they were expecting it to make 15 million for the weekend not even close to 42's opening and so now I hope it makes 70 million and also steep drop for Hercules might make 65-75 million domestic

I'm still cracking up at Baumer's stance, 20 pages after the fact. :lol: If anything The Bride vs Crazy 88 is a "rip-off" homage to Bruce Lee. The bride's outfits pay homage to Bruce Lee's suit in Game Of Death and The Crazy 88's outfits/masks pay homage to Bruce Lee's Kato in Green Hornet TV series confronting two martial art styles, academic style vs Bruce Lee's innovating style that made him famous.

The Kill Bill movies is basically a big homage to the Asian film styles and cultures. In the best ways possible. You should have seen my glee and in total nerd mode over the scenes of the Bride training with master Pai Mei. Man, his manner, his scorn, his eventual affection and acceptance of her. Or the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart technique. Everything is perfect and reminded me of my childhood growing up watching all those awesome martial arts movies/shows with my Dad.Tarantino is such a film nerd. And I love that.
  • Like 3

No its not. At all. Its a homage to old kung-fu movies and their wire work.

No, that's what QT will have you believe, but he ripped off TMR and basically flipped the bird to everyone on Kill Bill.

• Like 1

Instead of the character being played along the big-tough-guy-with-a-heart-of-gold cliché, he was played as a traumatized guy who happened to be really big.  Such an approach is the smart way to make characters connect with the audience.  Kudos to Gunn for turning that table, and to Bautista for pulling it off.

After a day or so of reflection, I must admit that I think I liked Bautista best.  When he was all insulting and literal, it was hysterical. 

On the other hand, I really want to lock Peter Quill and Tony Stark in a room and see what happens.

Yes, even I liked Bautista in this, but he was also good in the last Riddick film.

Did you like it?

Bautista was the surprise package for me.

Edited by DeeCee

Let me look, Goyer  and .. Seems like Top writers to me neo. Avengers goose looks cooked

'Man of Steel' Sequel Hires 'Argo' Writer | Movies News ...
www.rollingstone.com/.../man-of-steel-sequel-hires-argo-w...
Rolling Stone
Dec 19, 2013 - Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio, who won an Oscar, has signed on to work on the as-yet-untitled Man of Steel sequel that will feature both ...

Unproven Batman, Miscast Xena Wonder Woman and "half the people hated his last movie Superman" are gonna cook Avengers' goose? Riiiiiight . . .

Brilliant to see GOTG doing so well. Maybe this summer won't be won by Bayformers 4: Age of Shit after all.

The number for GOTG is outstanding.  Whether it finishes with 36 or 40, it's a number that is reserved for established Marvel properties, not one as risky as this.  It probably won't hit 100 but really, who cares?  

• Like 5

The number for GOTG is outstanding.  Whether it finishes with 36 or 40, it's a number that is reserved for established Marvel properties, not one as risky as this.  It probably won't hit 100 but really, who cares?  

Already a success with that OD alone. 

• Like 2