Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I've been hanging out all day with a friend, so I'm just now reading through this thread...GUARDIANS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER! I never would've thought that not only would GOTG be the best reviewed CBM of the year (so far!) but that $100mil. OW is possible. This is amazing.

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 2

Honestly, I didn't see this coming. I was expecting a $60-65 million opening but it will make $100 million+ with a $43 million Friday.

Same here. Even though I'm in some of the 200m+ clubs, I really leaned toward a Cap1/Thor1 total. Even on the high end, I never figured a 100m OW would seriously be in contention.

I haven't seen the film yet but everyone's saying Bradley Cooper stole the movie. I remember all the bitchy comments when he was announced as Rocket Raccoon. 

The whole movie is Dave Batista's for the taking. Even against the undeniably charismatic Pratt. 

• Like 2

I haven't seen the film yet but everyone's saying Bradley Cooper stole the movie. I remember all the bitchy comments when he was announced as Rocket Raccoon. 

In reality, its Rocket...the breakout character...Cooper is just there for the fun of it although his voice acting was pretty good too...

Thurs numbers are great, but has anyone noted that CATWS did its numbers on 15-20% fewer screens? GotG still did great numbers but if you divide it out per screen it becomes merely great rather than spectacular. Not sure if its really on pace to match CATWS OW, but should have good legs.