Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

I'm glad to see they've fixed the sound in space thingy ... For some reason, without sound it's even more a thrilling experience.

Also, there are some youtube comments that claim this will more of a comedy than a Thriller. The only comedy I've found on the trailer page was the stupidity from the posters...

Also, there are some youtube comments that claim this will more of a comedy than a Thriller. The only comedy I've found on the trailer page was the stupidity from the posters...

this x 100000 

• Like 1

Holy shit, they basically revealed how

Clooney dies

in that trailer.

We don't know

if he does. Just that Sandy believes she's alone and she is definitely drifting away from Earth and into space.

Looks incredible. I'm so pumpe,d don't let me down Alfonso.

I seriously can't believe some people laugh at the trailer for this. I remember when I was mad that Pacific Rim made less than GU2, but then some people told me that PR was a big summer tentpole, not a film that would make you think a lot. Well, Gravity is an intense, original science fiction film that would make you think a lot. And if this flops, and some shitty remake makes more money than this, THEN NO-ONE can complain about the lack of originality, or intelligent films at the cinema. Because when you get them, YOU F**KING LAUGH AT IT. That's why we rarely get nice things.

• Like 5

I am actually surprised that Jodie Foster's name was never mentioned for this. Long before Angelina

Jolie, she made an art of playing tough, resourceful chicks in films that actually made money, and I would certainly believe her as an astronaut more than Bullock. Is the character supposed to be a rookie? Because if she is supposed to be an experienced astronaut, this totally sounds like a Jodie Foster film.

Edited by cochofles

1 more new trailer

http://youtu.be/-QQGVvt_iW8

I'm telling you, that tinkling piano right after the scene ends on that soaring thriller music is so creepily efective. The film looks amazing and incredibly tense.

• Like 3

I am actually surprised that Jodie Foster's name was never mentioned for this. Long before Angelina

Jolie, she made an art of playing tough, resourceful chicks in films that actually made money, and I would certainly believe her as an astronaut more than Bullock. Is the character supposed to be a rookie? Because if she is supposed to be an experienced astronaut, this totally sounds like a Jodie Foster film.

Well, she already played a strong role like this in Contact, maybe she doesn't want to play those same roles again and again. Foster is trying to put a spin on that character in Elysium, the tough corporate baddie in space.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I've heard nervous laughs in my cineman, definitely "it's only a movie, keep telling yourself it's only a movie" type of laughs. Not "this is so stupid" laughs that C&A trailer was getting.

That said, this looks incredible. Sensational teaser clips. Does nayone know if piano is from the movie (aka eligible for Oscars though those fucks snubbed CA's brilliant piano last year) or used?

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I've heard nervous laughs in my cineman, definitely "it's only a movie, keep telling yourself it's only a movie" type of laughs. Not "this is so stupid" laughs that C&A trailer was getting.

Yeah, I can understand some people need to vent the primal angst the movie is punching for into your guts and slowly twisting your mind. Those tracking shots sequences are very effective in building some kind of increasing tension and uneasy feeling of helplessness. I think some sensitive people will probably feel sick, unnerved and go in hyper-ventilation (claustrophobic, depressive people might avoid it) in Imax 3D because of that ultra-realistic strong experience of drifting alone into space.

And those piano notes are haunting me, it does remind me of the beginning of something else I know I can't pinpoint.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2