Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

A month and a half of seeing movies since this came out (including 12 Years a Slave), yet all I still can think about is this film. Other movies are just kinda feeling like "who cares?" to me since seeing this. I honestly don't think any other movie has ever had that kind of impact on me. I just can't stop thinking about this film. And I've seen it 4 times but it still feels like I need to see it more.

• Like 2

Anyone wants to chime in on what Cuaron is trying to say with the short?

I figured he wanted to end the film in the conversation by starting with Bullock an shifting over to the Inuit man and then playing out the rest of the short ending the film where the short ends.

I figured he wanted to end the film in the conversation by starting with Bullock an shifting over to the Inuit man and then playing out the rest of the short ending the film where the short ends.

Holy cr*p, that will make GRAVITY a completely different film and a very dark one. 

I do feel the 11th hour inspiration by Bullock (+the hopeful hallucination) is a little contrived.

And the spectacular re-entry scene...how can you completely excise that.

okay I have a question. where and how much will the Oscar buzz push this one through? it's already a hit and can't attract people as the other usual Oscar-baits, no? will this go over $270M?

OPENING DAY

Neo: 14M

OPENING WEEKEND

k1stpierre: 41M

Neo: 40M

Twerkdrew: 38M

tonytr87: 36M

Hiccup: 32M

CJohn: 27M

DOMESTIC

Halba: 140M+

Neo: 126M

tonytr87: 115M

k1stpierre: 115M

CJohn: 102M

Hiccup: 83M

OVERSEAS

Neo: 295M

WORLDWIDE

Neo: 421M

Best OW: k1stpierre

Best DOM: Halba (still 100M off, who saw 250M+ coming?)

Best OS: Only one 1 predict was me and 90M off.

Best WW: Same as above, 200M+ off.