Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Gravity's probably about a week away from becoming her highest grossing film. It's just a few hundred thousand short of The Blind Side.

I remember when I first read that she had been cast as the lead in Gravity, I was a bit disappointed. I'm sure glad she did it, though. Completely amazing.

• Like 1

Gravity's probably about a week away from becoming her highest grossing film. It's just a few hundred thousand short of The Blind Side.

I remember when I first read that she had been cast as the lead in Gravity, I was a bit disappointed. I'm sure glad she did it, though. Completely amazing.

I was ecstatic when they cast her. I was slightly disappointed when RDJ couldn't do the movie but Clooney proved to be more than capable!

Warner Bros. will re-release “Gravity” nationwide on Friday, Jan. 17, one day after the Oscar nominations are announced.

The exact number of theaters for the re-release will be determined next week, the studio said — though it’s expected to be more robust than a typical limited release. And there will be competition, as it was already shaping up as a crowded weekend.

http://www.thewrap.com/gravity-set-jan-17-re-release-warner-bros/

• Like 3

It won't make much. This type of re-releases never work very well.

IDK, if they keep it 3D-exclusive, it could make some money seeing there's nothing out in 3D right now

Honestly, just an IMAX 3D re-release will help

IDK, if they keep it 3D-exclusive, it could make some money seeing there's nothing out in 3D right now

Honestly, just an IMAX 3D re-release will help

Yes, the only problem is that Jack Ryan is taking IMAX in that weekend. And just after that I, Frankenstein arrives. There won't be any space for Gravity IMAX 3D.

I've mentioned this several time before, but I still find it truly amazing that she takes a break after her big year in '09 and comes back 4 years later and has nearly the exact same year. Comedy in the summer 2009: The Proposal - $163m, 2013: The Heat-$160m. Then oscar drama in the fall: 2009: The Blind Side - $255m, 2013: Gravity - $256m+. Amazing how closely the two years line up, Aside from her All About Steve '09 fiasco.

• Like 2