Punishment

Weekend Actuals 8/1-8/3 GOTG 94.3m Lucy 18.3m GOU 13.6m

So Cap 2 did get in some of that Guardians action. $260m?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $398,956 +193.1% 181 +18 $2,204 $259,322,890 $170 18

So CA:TWS due to the GotG drive-in & double feature bump is looking likely to get that round $260m figure now.

It's DVD/BR release is set for mid-September so perhaps Labor Day weekend is it's last hurrah? Pulled out before then?

Great for Godzilla. While I wanted more monster mayhem like others I didn't just loathe it. Felt it's legs would've been a bit better so glad to see it get that $200m.

EoT struggling for $100m now. I think the marketing hurt that film more than anything cause while it was Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers it was also more a bit more than that and the marketing team didn't hint at that. Studio pushing this to $100m for the Cruise name? Any other actor and they'd let it die on the vine I think. 

I was going to say maybe it picked up more fans from video and the I looked at it's approx DVD/Blu Ray #s at Numbers. :stop:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Pacific-Rim#tab=video-sales

The fact that they have DVD sales over Bluray sales is kinda insane. A movie like that never sells more on DVD nowadays, so something is definitely wrong. 

• Like 1

So CA:TWS due to the GotG drive-in & double feature bump is looking likely to get that round $260m figure now.

It's DVD/BR release is set for mid-September so perhaps Labor Day weekend is it's last hurrah? Pulled out before then?

Great for Godzilla. While I wanted more monster mayhem like others I didn't just loathe it. Felt it's legs would've been a bit better so glad to see it get that $200m.

EoT struggling for $100m now. I think the marketing hurt that film more than anything cause while it was Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers it was also more a bit more than that and the marketing team didn't hint at that. Studio pushing this to $100m for the Cruise name? Any other actor and they'd let it die on the vine I think. 

Disney had TDW in theaters until the w/e TWS came out - and it was out on DVD in Feb.  TWS will be available for streaming/ VOD I think Aug 19th.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

The fact that they have DVD sales over Bluray sales is kinda insane. A movie like that never sells more on DVD nowadays, so something is definitely wrong. 

Yeah or it could be the Blu Ray was priced to expensively for a film people decided to just take on a chance on picking up. Hard to tell especially since I don't think The Numbers is getting numbers directly from the studios.

Edit: just checked at the $$$ amount is empty for Blu Rays for the first few weeks so that explains how the totals are off.

Edited by TalismanRing

Yeah or it could be the Blu Ray was priced to expensively for a film people decided to just take on a chance on picking up. Hard to tell especially since I don't think The Numbers is getting numbers directly from the studios.

Edit: just checked at the $$$ amount is empty for Blu Rays for the first few weeks so that explains how the totals are off.

I suppose it's possible they were literally giving the movie away on blu ray for the first six weeks. I feel like it would have been bigger news, though.

• Like 1