BadAtGender

Monday Numbers: GotG 11.4, Lucy 2.3, Herc 1.4 (Rth)

I think Guardians will increase over 12m tomorrow, discount Tuesday has gotten larger since last year and spread into the US a little so I think the bump will be smaller than normal but still there.Thursday and Wednesday should also be smaller than normal drops.I think if the numbers keep going well we are in for a 46-47.5m weekend for Guardians.

47.5 is a <50% drop

• Like 1

I hope so, DMan. But, I expect this one to finish right around where Caps 2 and LEGO finished. And, that's if it hold well this weekend and stays above $37M or so.

I'm predicting $45m. #1 for the weekend.  Biggest 2nd weekend this year (Cap2 had $41.74m)

Edited by lilmac

I don't believe in a 50% drop yet. As long as it stays over 40m, I'll be happy.

$45m is about -53%.  I think the WOM will help it weather the TMNT storm (only real comp...Into the Storm will not have much of a presence).

$45m is about -53%.  I think the WOM will help it weather the TMNT storm (only real comp...Into the Storm will not have much of a presence).

It won't drop as steep as Godzilla or TASM 2, but a 55% drop is possible. I can see TMNT being quite big (especially overseas).

Isn't THE AVENGERS III for 2018?

No one knows.

Wasn't it already confirmed that this date is Dr. Strange?

No. Not yet. Its assumed because the film already has a director and they're looking for a lead actor.

Yes, but bragging about Salt making more than Lucy is like bragging T2 made more than the Rocketeer.  

Jolie is established, her niche is the female driven action movie.  SJ is new to the game and before tracking came out, no one thought anything of Lucy.  In fact, 4 people had it in their top 15 for the summer game.  

To be fair, it was scheduled for this weekend originally

If it had always been scheduled for the July date, it would've definitely made my top 15

If Guardians manages to go up to $12-12.5 million Tuesday I think a weekend drop just around 50% is in play. If not don't sweat it because I really don't think its going to drop more than like 55%. WOM is insanely good. Three of my coworkers today mentioned they heard it was good and planned on seeing it this weekend.

• Like 10

I'm hedging bets that they wanted to announce Strange at Comic Con but the contract disputes continued over it.

Or it is bcs they didnt knew for sure if they'll have a GotG 2 (team could have been appearing in another movie in case this one bombed)

or

they didn't exactly know when (e.g. Zoe Saldana 2 Avatar movies back-to-back, 1 Star Trek and getting twins)

=> details from each movie can influence details of other movies... story-wise = small adjustments (or bigger ones)

and even a slight change can again change the availability of the eyed possible future cast members too

If Guardians manages to go up to $12-12.5 million Tuesday I think a weekend drop just around 50% is in play. If not don't sweat it because I really don't think its going to drop more than like 55%. WOM is insanely good. Three of my coworkers today mentioned they heard it was good and planned on seeing it this weekend.

We said this about DOFP and Apes.