Mojoguy

Tuesday Numbers: GOTG 12, Lucy 2.6, Herc 1.6 (Rth) DBZ 1.07

2-If a week is too much, it was only yesterday that it's Monday number was being downplayed so it's still exceeding expectations for naysayers.

3-One bad drop and the naysayers will celebrate.   Suddenly it will be "underperforming".   Are they supposed to realign "expectations" instantly as well?

Who are these imaginary naysayers? People who've seen the movie seem to either love it to death or just simply love it. Most people (like 99%) want it to do well. There wouldn't be any kind of celebration if it had a bad drop. Some people are still being skeptical with the number but that doesn't make them naysayers. People who under-predicted it before the release weren't exactly naysayers either because even MCU fanboys could make the same mistake.

I know it's fun to be able to say 'TAKE THAT HATERS!' but unfortunately GOTG supporters won't have that kind of fun. :)

• Like 1

GotG had plenty of haters before the movie opened. :P

I had my reservations. I'm still not sure about the direction Marvel is taking, but I'm far less worried than I was before seeing GOTG.

BTW, who gave GOTG a chance of winning a single day against the other 5 films that opened between 90-100m this year? It just accomplished that feat today.

Edited by RaccoonsDineOnAAinHell™

I had my reservations. I'm still not sure about the direction Marvel is taking, but I'm far less worried than I was before seeing GOTG.

BTW, who gave GOTG a chance of winning a single day against the other 5 films that opened between 90-100m this year? It just accomplished that feat today.

I don't want to know.  I am a passenger on this amazing ride and don't want to know what vistas are around the corner until we get there.  They have been excellent drivers thus far.  Ok, I'll stop with the driving analogy...

• Like 3

Most of them are way off. Jersey Boys, Blended, Maleficent, Edge Million Ways... X-Men, Apes and Godzilla are about right. The rest... Way off.

Jersey Boys at 110M

What the heck :lol: That was never in the cards

I really hope GOTG beats TF4 domestically. It would help if it doesn't drop off a cliff this week.If it beats TF4 here though it might restore my faith in humanity a bit after it became the highest grossing film ever in China.

• Like 2