filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Overseas, TMNT powered up $28.7M from 19 markets--RUS ($11M) MEX ($7M) MALA ($2M)

— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) August 10, 2014<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Decent :P

BTW send moar lists to Top 100 Animated movies, link in my signature.

Edited by iceroll

Studio is projecting a 27% drop on Sunday

2 GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Buena Vista

$12,335,000

+61.6% / $3,017

$146,726,000 / 8

$16,944,000

+37.4% / $4,145

$163,670,000 / 9

$12,252,000

-27.7% / $2,997

$175,922,000 / 10

Shouldn't drop too much from estimates IMO. Might even go up.

Okay, that's a pretty believeable Sunday estimate then. Hopefully it will stay up there above both Cap (for 2nd weekend) and TF4 (for overall).

If Turtles opens in the same way it did in the markets it did everywhere else it can make 400m overseas

There is that problem that half of the Europe receives the movie in October. 

So how high can Lucy go? It's almost 100m and hasn't shown any sign of slowing down. Any prediction? :P

After last weekend I posted I thought the range would be 110 to 120, depending how it held up this weekend and how its theater count holds up. It's looking to be closer to the high end of that range now. Anything over a 2.5x multiplier (110m) from OW is incredible given the massive competition it's up against.

I guess the WOM wasn't as "toxic" as some people here were making it out to be. ;)

• Like 2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY delivered $40.1M overseas this weekend, $137.3M total. Worldwide box office boast: $313.2M.</p>&mdash; Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) <a href="

10, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 1

I guess I mistakenly thought that. When I think of pop culture icons, I think, Star Wars, Bond, Batman

I don't think Ninja Turtles at all either. I watched the original cartoon, had most of the action figures (including Mondo Gecko), played the arcade games, had the video games, and saw the first 3 Ninja Turtles movies. However, there was a Ninja Turtles film about 8 years ago that people really didn't care for (and I didn't even bother seeing it). I thought that movie was evidence that the Ninja Turtles' popularity was over with.

• Like 2

After last weekend I posted I thought the range would be 110 to 120, depending how it held up this weekend and how its theater count holds up. It's looking to be closer to the high end of that range now. Anything over a 2.5x multiplier (110m) from OW is incredible given the massive competition it's up against.

I guess the WOM wasn't as "toxic" as some people here were making it out to be. ;)

The movie hasn't had a terrible drop once so the prediction about it's 'toxic' WOM was totally wrong. I remember how people said it 'might' not even reach 100m even with that opening. It's going to pass that mark without breaking a sweat. :P