Without a Paddle 2004 pg 13 comedy 117%

SWAT 2003 pg13 action 113%

Freaky Friday 2003 PG comedy 80%

Freddy vs Jason 2003 R horror 90%

some of the other more recent ones I missed

The Butler 2013 pg13 Drama 98%

Planes 2013 G Kids 81%

Hope Springs pg 13 drama 2012 77%

only stuff in the top 5 each year an nothing that opened aug and had a second week in sep which seemed to always have a bigger jump.

The films in this list + the other one I posted earlier cover a pretty wide range of genres and ratings. R action and comedy definately the most represented but it seems that rotpota isnt a huge outlier. There appears to be at least one movie in the top 5 every year pulling good second weeks regardless of genre/demographic. That also does mean that there are more August openers that aren't pulling those numbers than are but i don't see why rotpota is held on such a pedestal as far as august 2nd weeks go

• Like 2

Rush hour 3 pg 13 action comedy 2007 80%

World Trade Center pg 13 2006 Drama 90%

40 year old virgin R comedy 2005 106%

Four Brothers R action 2005 79%

Red Eye pg 13 thriller 2005 147%

Collateral R 2004 thriller/crime 79%

Without a Paddle 2004 pg 13 comedy 117%

SWAT 2003 pg13 action 113%

Freaky Friday 2003 PG comedy 80%

Freddy vs Jason 2003 R horror 90%

some of the other more recent ones I missed

The Butler 2013 pg13 Drama 98%

Planes 2013 G Kids 81%

Hope Springs pg 13 drama 2012 77%

only stuff in the top 5 each year an nothing that opened aug and had a second week in sep which seemed to always have a bigger jump.

The films in this list + the other one I posted earlier cover a pretty wide range of genres and ratings. R action and comedy definately the most represented but it seems that rotpota isnt a huge outlier. There appears to be at least one movie in the top 5 every year pulling good second weeks regardless of genre/demographic. That also does mean that there are more August openers that aren't pulling those numbers than are but i don't see why rotpota is held on such a pedestal as far as august 2nd weeks go

Good job on the research.  So it is possible,...unlikely, but possible seeing as most of the films you have listed there came out 8-10 years ago.

• Like 1

Good job on the research.  So it is possible,...unlikely, but possible seeing as most of the films you have listed there came out 8-10 years ago.

the 1 to 5 years ago list was from the last page

We're the Millers R comedy 84%

Bourne Legacy pg 13 action 74%

Expendables 2 R action 88%

Final Destination R ..thriller?weird accident genre? 90%

Expendables 1 R action 80%

Inglorious Basterds R Tarantino 85%

Tropic Thunder R comedy 79%

+ ROTPOTA 87%

Edited by ThePieMan
  • Like 1

Man...you guys have been really extra since GOTG opened. 

No shit. On all sides. Just crazy.

Either Marvel is God's gift  or it's the Devil incarnate. There's no in between. :lol:

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

Posted Image

omg i can't stop watching this! thanks for the laugh i'm crying now because i had a fit of giggles

oh no its happening again ...this gif is evil, look at him tip-toeing to the edge then crash and burn  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

• Like 3

Previews are such a massive lie.

Robs holdovers of making money all the time.

I mean, Thursdays used to be flat or have slight increases. These days always small drops, if not massive ones.

The films in lesser theatres don't ever recover.

That $4.6m for TMNT would've probably been made if it were at midnight or would have been made up for on OD anyway.

I think previews are bad for the industry. BOM reporting or even here not reporting or separating out grosses has helped studios be so brazen and now making "trackers" irrelevant. Soon they'll open on Wednesday night and count it as a three day weekend still.

• Like 1