wileECoyote

Monday 8/11 Numbers RTH TMNT 6.8 GotG 5.4

Thinking Guardians will finish in the 280-285 million range. So biggest movie of year domestically for the summer and should stay number 1 domestically until MJ1. Easily the biggest surprise of the year for me so far. 

Edited by Moviefanatic
  • Like 11

Does anyone know if schools started earlier this year?

County Schools in my state started last Thursday and most city schools started back yesterday.

Thinking Guardians will finish in the 280-285 million range. So biggest movie of year domestically for the summer and should stay number 1 domestically until MJ1. Easily the biggest surprise of the year for me so far. 

If Hobbit 3 performs worse than the 2nd and Interstellar doesn't break out then Guardians could be No 2 for 2014. A top 5 finish is certain.  Not bad for a risky movie about unknown characters, by a Razzie winning director. :P

Edited by Caladbolg
  • Like 5

I counted Expendables III for Tues/Wednesday. That's why I think Guardians will miss a 20% + Tuesday bump and drop a bit more on Wed. EDIT:: Nevermind had my dates mixed up. For some reason I thought Ex.3 was coming out on Wednesday. :blink:

''Let's be cops''?It is coming out this wednesday Edited by MazeRunner23

Aprox 30% of schools are back in as of this week generally that number tops 50-60 by week 3 and nearly 90 by week 4. As more of the nation moves to the year around platform though it gets harder to determine the exact moments.

• Like 2

And likely $650m WW.

That would put Disney at 7 movies over $600m WW (currently 5 of which over $700 !) since IM3.

1) IM3

2) Monsters University

3) TTDW

4) Frozen

5) CATWS

6) Maleficent

7) GOTG.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 3

Noticeable differences don't come until after the third weekend of August, if the last four years are to go by. So I'am not convinced yet. I think it will stay flat

Does anyone know if schools started earlier this year?

Yea, that's not true if you go by the last two years.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 6.65 (-63%)

Guardians of the Galaxy - 5.40 (-58%)

Into the Storm - 1.70 (-61%)

The Hundred-Foot Journey - 1.26 (-58%)

Lucy - 1.23 (-56%)

Step Up All In - 0.71 (-53%)

Hercules - 0.66 (-59%)

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 0.56 (-57%)

Get on Up - 0.55 (-63)

• Like 12