wileECoyote

Monday 8/11 Numbers RTH TMNT 6.8 GotG 5.4

I kinda understand where baumer is coming from tho. There are some super annoying Marvel fans on here who were attacking him like crazy for months just cuz he thought this was gonna flop

• Like 9

GOTG is so juvenile and so filled with 6 year old humour that if it was done by any studio but Marvel, it would be ripped to shreds.  If Lucas produced this or if Bay did, people would be saying how dumb the dance scene was or how dumb the finger gesture was and so on....but because it's Marvel, it's a Rennaissance Painting.

I'd give that more credence if people said that GotG was middle line Marvel. People actually think it's among their better works. Also, the marvel brand didn't stop a lot of people from hating Iron Man 2 (and Thor 1, to a lesser extent)

• Like 3

If Marvel had done it, you guys would be praising it.

if Marvel made a movie about Coprophilia it'll open to 85 million OW with people comparing it to the Godfather

that's how much people are taken by this sup-bar brand..

my favorite poster here is Baumer because he just knows it all..and speaks the obvious truth no one wants to admit to themselves..Marvel movies are mediocre at best..

I kinda understand where baumer is coming from tho. There are some super annoying Marvel fans on here who were attacking him like crazy for months just cuz he thought this was gonna flop

Thankfully I wasn't there for that.  :blink:

I only liked it because...get ready for it....it was entertaining and funny and had some of the best action on the screen this year.  The mountain scene is exhilarating and well shot.  I know it's hard for some of you to understand that not everyone hates everything you do, but you should try to grasp it sometime.

I dunno, people really dug Pain & Gain around here.

• Like 1

if Marvel made a movie about Coprophilia it'll open to 85 million OW with people comparing it to the Godfather

my favorite poster here is Baumer because he just knows it all..and speaks the obvious truth no one wants to admit to themselves..Marvel movies are mediocre at best..

Baumer just has an unpopular opinion. You can't definitely say movies are good or bad because quality is subjective.

like thor 2. I remember everyone here calling that the best movie since goodfellas. :unsure:

and maybe some people won't admit to marvel movies being mediocre because they don't.... agree with you.

Posted Image

This thread :lol: GotG is liked by many people. Is is the best movie of the year? Absolutely not. The best of the summer? Not even that. But it was good overall. It had it's bad moments and I'm one of the people who absolutely hate the overuse of humor in SH movies, but I still found it to be ok. So I can understand Baumer and I can understand the others. Can't wait to see what 'TMTN' looks like :D

Edited by James
  • Like 2

why can't we have more movies like The Room?   :D

joking aside..the marker is flooded with superhero movies and reboots,remakes,re-visualiziing and re-release in 3D and IMAX and whatever the fuck else..the last good movie I saw was the Purge:Anarchy..it's actually sad what has happened to the film industry

yeah just ranting..alone..

• Like 1

joking aside..the marker is flooded with superhero movies and reboots,remakes,re-visualiziing and re-release in 3D and IMAX and whatever the fuck else..the last good movie I saw was the Purge:Anarchy..it's actually sad what has happened to the film industry

Which is a sequel.

• Like 5

Posted Image

• Like 1

Nah, I totally agree with you. I love original SF movies for exemple and that's one of the reasons I have a tremendous amount of respect for WB. It's pretty much the only studio that has 2-3 original SF movies every year, even though most of the time they don't make much money.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

Edited by James

This thread :lol: GotG is liked I y many people. Is is the best movie of the year? Absolutely not. The best of the summer? Not even that. But it was good overall. It had it's bad moments and I'm one of the people who absolutely hate the overuse of humor in SH movies, but I still found it to be ok. So I can understand Baumer and I can understand the others. Can't wait to see what 'TMTN' looks like :D

Isn't your favorite movie of the year 'formers? A lot of people would disagree with that. i personally like 'formers 1 and 3. Haven't seen 4 because I was busy at the time of release and I really don't know if it'll be the same without Shia.
  • Like 1

Nah, I totally agree with you. I love original SF movies for exemple and that's one of the reasons I have a tremendous amount of respect for WB. It's pretty much the only studio that has 2-3 original SF movies every year, even though most of the time they don't make much money.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

oh hi James!

• Like 1

Posted Image

• Like 3