baumer

Monday #s

What about Sin City 2?

I hope Sin City win this weekend.

Long range tracking ~ in the mid of July was OW $20,000,000 and final $47,000,000

Friday it was OW $15,000,000 and final $32,000,000

• Like 1

There's actually a good chance Sin City 2 will take the weekend.

I expect a drop around 36% for GOTG, putting it around $16.1 million, a 45% drop for TMNT for $15.7 million, and maybe an $18 million debut for Sin City 2.

• Like 1

It might even end as highest crossing of the year.... till some other movies gets released (Interstellar, Mockingjay, and Hobbit come in mind, some say Exodus too)

Passing CA2 for number 1 of the year is a foregone conclusion at this point. :)
  • Like 1

It might even end as highest crossing of the year.... till some other movies gets released (Interstellar, Mockingjay, and Hobbit come in mind, some say Exodus too)

1. Mockingjay - 380

2. Hobbit - 310

3. Guardians - 290

4. Interstellar - 285

5. Winter Soldier / Big Hero - 260

Exodus will be lucky crossing 150... 

• Like 1

I think only Mockingjay will outgross it while Hobbit may finish under $250M as Interstellar passes $250M but finishhes around CATWS .

So what's the prediction for GOTG to finish the year domestically? Will something (Hobbit, Interstellar, Big Hero 6, something else) pass it to knock it down to #3? Or will multiple films pass it to push it down to #4?

What do you guys think for GOTG: 2, 3, or 4?

• Like 1

So what's the prediction for GOTG to finish the year domestically? Will something (Hobbit, Interstellar, Big Hero 6, something else) pass it to knock it down to #3? Or will multiple films pass it to push it down to #4?

What do you guys think for GOTG: 2, 3, or 4?

#3 behind Hunger Games and Hobbit.

• Like 1

So what's the prediction for GOTG to finish the year domestically? Will something (Hobbit, Interstellar, Big Hero 6, something else) pass it to knock it down to #3? Or will multiple films pass it to push it down to #4? What do you guys think for GOTG: 2, 3, or 4?

I think much of that depends on where we think GOTG will ultimately end it's run. $275M? $300M? :)

I think so too, but I am rather very conservative if it is about numbers... ;)

Well with at least 11 million weekdays (M-Thr) this week & 15-16M this weekend it will almost be at $250M by the end of this weekend. Even if we estimate conservatively I see it *easily* making another 11+ million for the rest of it's run to get over Cap's $260M. So that's why I'd say foregone conclusion, even conservatively. See? :)
  • Like 1