baumer

Monday #s

Well with at least 11 million weekdays (M-Thr) this week & 15-16M this weekend it will almost be at $250M by the end of this weekend. Even if we estimate conservatively I see it *easily* making another 11+ million for the rest of it's run to get over Cap's $260M. So that's why I'd say foregone conclusion, even conservatively. See? :)

I do know about in August and in September in the past nature / weather extremes did influence the outcome of BO results in the past or something else can - very theoretically - happen (very very croaking disasters: civil unrest, Ebola, ....)

I am very convinced it will break CA 2s numbers and even surpass it. Still, I do prefer to write in the 'possibility' style....

I think btw the labor day weekend will help to break that marker, ...

• Like 2

Yeah Labor Day drop is going to be light, like within the single digits (11%-13% at worst), and there's no September competition meaning it is in optimal position to develop some very strong legs.

I really hope you're right. By the way, I'll most likely finally see Guardians next Thursday. I cannot wait for it.

• Like 3

Where does Guardians need to be DOM after September 1st, Labor Day, to still have an outside shot at $300M DOM?

currently at 222.6

add in 11.4 for Mon-Thur = 234

plus 15 for next weekend = 249

plus 6 for the following weekdays = 255

plus 18 for the 4-day weekend = 273 after Labor Day

Perhaps those numbers are slightly optimistic. They don't seem too high though. I wouldn't say it's a lock for 300, but its definitely got more than just an outside chance.

• Like 5

I really hope you're right. By the way, I'll most likely finally see Guardians next Thursday. I cannot wait for it.

Me too (beside the pre-view...)

I am already 'corralling' some friends to get them to go with me.

Where does Guardians need to be DOM after September 1st, Labor Day, to still have an outside shot at $300M DOM?

I think around $270 - $275M.

Bourne Legacy increases around $25M after that.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

currently at 222.6

add in 11.4 for Mon-Thur = 234

plus 15 for next weekend = 249

plus 6 for the following weekdays = 255

plus 18 for the 4-day weekend = 273 after Labor Day

Perhaps those numbers are slightly optimistic. They don't seem too high though. I wouldn't say it's a lock for 300, but its definitely got more than just an outside chance.

Good projections. :)

5 movies this weekend could end up in the 15M range, give or take a few million.

Who wins: TMNT, GOTG, Sin City 2, If I Stay, or When The Game Stands Tall?

I'm saying If I Stay even though it will be frontloaded because of the fanbase of the book just like TFIOS. One thing's for sure: It will open above The Giver.

• Like 1