jj99

Tuesday #s | 'Ninja Turtles' beats 'Guardians of the Galaxy' by $2,303

Do we have a release date for the Guardians in China yet ?

according to IMDb

Nepal 22 August 2014  
Austria 28 August 2014  
Germany 28 August 2014  
Greece 4 September 2014  
Cyprus 5 September 2014  
Japan 13 September 2014  
China 10 October 2014  
Switzerland 22 October 2014 (Italian speaking region)
Italy 22 October 2014  

Arrghhh, now I understand, I always add a the in that title, it sounds so wrong for my non English ears :bash:

It sounds wrong to native English speakers as well. However, the X-Men comic used that same name, and the X-Men animated series used it as well. So adding "the" makes sense, but it just isn't the proper name.

• Like 1

So it looks like Hercules will at least beat John Carter, and guardians will retake the number 1 spot for a few days

That just makes me realize how bad John Carter truly did at the BO. Is Expendables 3 going to be able to beat John Carter though?

First tracking info for the weekend

http://www.thewrap.com/if-i-stay-feels-like-fault-in-our-stars-lite-and-should-win-box-office/

Teen drama projected to knock off “Ninja Turtles” and top “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For” and football tale “When the Game Stands Tall”

“If I Stay” feels a lot like the early summer box-office hit “The Fault in Our Stars.”

That's going to be a good thing this weekend, when the teary teen drama starring Chloe Grace Moretz is expected to open north of $20 million and halt the two-week reign of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.”

Also in the mix will be the R-rated, graphic novel-based crime drama “Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For,” which is looking at low- to mid-teen millions in its opening. The weekend's other wide opener, the high school football saga “When the Game Stands Tall,” is pointing toward $10 million.

• Like 3

It sounds wrong to native English speakers as well. However, the X-Men comic used that same name, and the X-Men animated series used it as well. So adding "the" makes sense, but it just isn't the proper name.

I know! For a few days or weeks I always manage to remember and than the 'the' crawls back into my brain...

I always thought it's a special :rulez: English rule I missed.

It's sounding so ... wrong :wacko:

Edited by terrestrial