Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

The only DCEU movie that I can conceivable see being below 650 million is Birds of Prey, considering it's released near Bond 25 and it's Rated R. But it's apparently a small budget, so it should be able to do fine. But if Shazam can build on the good faith built created by Aquaman, then BoP and WW84 get released, I think the DCEU should be fine from here on out

Edited by TestPattern

22 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

The only DCEU movie that I can conceivable see being below 650 million is Birds of Prey, considering it's released near Bond 25 and it's Rated R. But it's apparently a small budget, so it should be able to do fine. But if Shazam can build on the good faith built created by Aquaman, then BoP and WW84 get released, I think the DCEU should be fine from here on out

Agreed. I don't think there's any doubt that Shazam will turn a profit, but it needs to get good reviews to finally stop all the "Can the DCEU possibly be saved?!" nonsense that has been such a staple of clickbait sites over the past several years. Having two 'fresh,' commercially successful movies back to back, along with 3 out of the last 4, makes the doomsday narrative a lot harder to sustain. Plus, by next year we will presumably start hearing firm news about Reeves' Batman project and that will just add to the momentum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Agreed. I don't think there's any doubt that Shazam will turn a profit, but it needs to get good reviews to finally stop all the "Can the DCEU possibly be saved?!" nonsense that has been such a staple of clickbait sites over the past several years. Having two 'fresh,' commercially successful movies back to back, along with 3 out of the last 4, makes the doomsday narrative a lot harder to sustain. Plus, by next year we will presumably start hearing firm news about Reeves' Batman project and that will just add to the momentum.

DC Films is one of the most popular 'dying franchise' I've ever seen.   The amount of click bait articles discussing it's death or need for being saved after every movie is hilarious.  Sure it has been a bumpy ride, but look at the money ... will be near 1.9 billion domestic  and over 4.7 billion worldwide for 6 movies.  In other words apx 315/785

In regards to Shazam, still thinking 75/220/650 ... Joker could be a monster but no clue what it would open to right now ... same with BoP, but if it's PG-13 it will do Suicide Squad #s if it looks even remotely as intriguing to the general audience because people love Harley Quinn.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

DC Films is one of the most popular 'dying franchise' I've ever seen.   The amount of click bait articles discussing it's death or need for being saved after every movie is hilarious.  Sure it has been a bumpy ride, but look at the money ... will be near 1.9 billion domestic  and over 4.7 billion worldwide for 6 movies.  In other words apx 315/785

In regards to Shazam, still thinking 75/220/650 ... Joker could be a monster but no clue what it would open to right now ... same with BoP, but if it's PG-13 it will do Suicide Squad #s if it looks even remotely as intriguing to the general audience because people love Harley Quinn.

If BoP is PG13 and gets a China release it could challenge Suicide Squad.

All upcoming films have potential to be 700 million plus films. Shazam could reach that number with the right marketing behind it.

• Like 1

SHAZAM! BEST MOVIE SINCE NOLAN'S BATMAN SAYS REDDITOR

Spoiler

Shazam may just be the movie to put DC back on track. This movie was pure joy to watch from beginning to end. The script is great and performances are amazing, although with a few underwhelming ones. Amazing surprises and really heartfelt story. Marvel better bring their A game because the competition is getting crisp.

In short, just like in the comics: Billy's a troubled kid, He's found by the Wizard Shazam who tells him he wants him as a successor because he's about to die and that Billy was chosen to replace him so he becaome Shazam. At first he's using his powers just to have fun with his friends but after the villains come into the picture, well you know how it goes.

Now for the villains: Sivana is a rich scientist who has everything, but he's dying from Cancer. He tries to cure himself but science doesn't help so he turns to magic after he's lured by a mysterious figure who promis him a way to cure himself to a place with strange statues and a huge fountain. From there he get crazy super powers that turn him evil.

https://cosmicbook.news/shazam-best-dc-movie-batman#disqus_thread

On 12/31/2018 at 7:31 AM, shawntyrel said:

SHAZAM! BEST MOVIE SINCE NOLAN'S BATMAN SAYS REDDITOR

Reveal hidden contents

https://cosmicbook.news/shazam-best-dc-movie-batman#disqus_thread

Spoiler

A character who’s dying of cancer seems a bit dark for a movie like this. Then again, the first Guardians of the Galaxy film opened with the protagonist’s mother dying of cancer, so I guess it’s not completely unprecedented. Still, it does suggest that this movie will possibly be darker than Spider-Man: Homecoming, which has arguably been the lightest film in the MCU to date. 

Edited by WittyUsername

48 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

If someone posts spoilers with a spoiler tag, don't talk about spoilers in your post.

I assumed that since the link wasn’t in a spoiler tag, it was okay. But fine, I’ll stop posting here. That’ll be my New Year’s Resolution. I was already banned from the Aquaman thread for a petty reason, so I won’t even bother with this anymore. 

Edited by WittyUsername