Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

I forgot about fucking Dumbo. I was predicting 700m for the Lion King but the one-two punch of Dumbo and Aladdin is gonna ruin that. Disney remake fatigue. it'll have to settle for like, 600m instead.

Anyway, this could be a very solid hit BUT the D.C. Universe being so toxic makes any of their non-Wonder Woman films a big ole shrug for now. Aquaman being good would help this immensely. They really want a way to reboot Batman and Superman without rebooting Wonder Woman, hoo boy.

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Was thinking more about Dumbo a week before. But true, it's gonna have leeeegs if that trailer's any indication. And kids are gonna love this

I think Dumbo is far more likely to do Cinderella #'s, than Jungle Book or AIW numbers.  idk I reckon this'll do fine in its current spot if Captain Marvel moves to February.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I forgot about fucking Dumbo. I was predicting 700m for the Lion King but the one-two punch of Dumbo and Aladdin is gonna ruin that. Disney remake fatigue. it'll have to settle for like, 600m instead.

Hmm, even more reason for me to make a Once Upon a Time In America OW over Lion King's second weekend club 🤔

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

How huge does this need to be? How huge do people expect it to be? Something like the first Ant-Man numbers would be just fine, no? It doesn't look like some huge-budget extravaganza or anything. 

150m would be extremely impressive to me (domestic, obviously), and for Aquaman. Baby steps for DC

• Like 1

How huge does this need to be? How huge do people expect it to be? Something like the first Ant-Man numbers would be just fine, no? It doesn't look like some huge-budget extravaganza or anything. 

It is cheaper than Ant-Man so it doesn't need to be huge - and probably won't be huge given the competition.

I think Doctor Strange numbers are achievable, could definitely see it going higher.  It definitely feels like a four-quad movie

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

This’ll do better than Man of Steel just about everywhere.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Hmm, even more reason for me to make a Once Upon a Time In America OW over Lion King's second weekend club 🤔

lmao not happening. I kinda feel like QT's moment has passed. Then again I felt that between Kill Bill and Inglorious, too.

Lion King still doing like 65/70 on second weekend dude.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

lmao not happening. I kinda feel like QT's moment has passed. Then again I felt that between Kill Bill and Inglorious, too.

Lion King still doing like 65/70 on second weekend dude.

We shall see. Django and Basterds were pretty damn big. As long as it's not another H8ful for the GA, it'll do very well IMO

Ant-Man numbers would be great. Considering the budget is smaller and it stars Chuck and a bunch of kids I assume WB would be thrilled with that as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'll be surprised if it costs $150m+ so Ant-Man numbers would be fine for it.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

lmao not happening. I kinda feel like QT's moment has passed.

None of this matters when it's Leo's first role in 3 years.  Brad Pitt certainly ain't gonna hurt either.  If The Revenant was able to get to 180M then I see no reason for this to not at the very least come close to that

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

We shall see. Django and Basterds were pretty damn big. As long as it's not another H8ful for the GA, it'll do very well IMO

QT has had a bad year newswise, needless to say. And Pitt is diminished. Leo's comeback is huge, obviously. If you took out QT's personal problems and replaced Pitt with say, Bradley Cooper or Tom Cruise, I'd be for it being huge.

Just now, That One Guy said:

None of this matters when it's Leo's first role in 3 years.  Brad Pitt certainly ain't gonna hurt either.  If The Revenant was able to get to 180M then I see no reason for this to not at the very least come close to that

Tom Hardy is a bigger star than Brad Pitt at this point. I'm not saying he's more famous, but I think he's more relevant and has more of an audience for him in the right role, right now. You swap Pitt and Hardy, I think that movie does about the same if not a little less.

Can't wait for Venom to hit 85m+ OW and vindicate me. Right guy, right role. People aren't just excited to see Venom, they're excited to see Tom Hardy AS Venom. Anyway, QT shoulda cast Hardy.

• Astonished 2