eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

So is If I Stay still considered a hit since it's lower budget and having higher expectations

Kevin Smith explained this one time.Even if your movie is cheap to make, to release it and market it in the USA cost a fortune.
  • Like 2

RIP Summer 2014, you fought well but dropped big time when compared to summer 2013.

Not even compared to 2013, compared to summers in general.I mean at least we have a guaranteed 250m hit with Guardians now, possibly 300m. It won't be so embarrassing as to be the only summer since 1975 to have no movie adjust over 250m
  • Like 1

So Sin City 2 was a bad idea, and the first wasn't the beloved classic the internet thought it was? Who woulda thunk it

I don't think even the internet thought it was a beloved classic. Now, Kick-Ass, that movie was hailed as an instant classic by the fanboy community. Sin City was a completely different style of film 9 years ago, in the interim a lot of movies have copied the style and made it look less special now.

• Like 1