eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

If they do, will they reboot?

I think they would have to. In my opinion they should do a Netlfix show for two seasons, have Spidey cameos everywhere, and have a "death of Spiderman" movie trilogy.

I think they would have to. In my opinion they should do a Netlfix show for two seasons, have Spidey cameos everywhere, and have a "death of Spiderman" movie trilogy.

I could definitely picture Garfield's Spiderman fitting in this universe but the fact that he hasn't bumped into SHIELD at this point would make no sense.

It was also 14 years after Toy Story. Not to slight Pixar AT ALL - the fact that it took 16 years for a film of theirs to disappoint both critically and at the (domestic) BO is absolutely astounding - but Marvel Studios' rise has been over a period of only SIX years. Candle that burns twice as bright, etc., etc., and yet Marvel Studios hasn't burned out yet.

But marvel have averaged around 2 movies a year whereas Pixar have been less consistent. The fact that these films are being pushed out so quickly is amazing because their quality surely doesn't resemble that of rushed projects.
  • Like 1

I'm 20 and I feel ashamed to be after reading this.But in all seriousness you are all entitled to your own stupid opinions.

Well i must be stupid too then. I think TF4 is better than Toy story 3, not saying I think TF4 is great but TS3 was just a bore imo. I'm not a fan of these latest Pixar critical darlings like Up, wall E and ratatouille, they just don't have the heart and fun the earlier films had. It's why they haven't managed to replicate the success of Monsters Inc or Nemo over the last 10 years (TS3 aside, though it was a sequel to their most iconic film). It's like they are trying too hard to please the academy by getting so damn adamant on delivering messages.
  • Like 1

Well i must be stupid too then. I think TF4 is better than Toy story 3, not saying I think TF4 is great but TS3 was just a bore imo. I'm not a fan of these latest Pixar critical darlings like Up, wall E and ratatouille, they just don't have the heart and fun the earlier films had. It's why they haven't managed to replicate the success of Monsters Inc or Nemo over the last 10 years (TS3 aside, though it was a sequel to their most iconic film). It's like they are trying too hard to please the academy by getting so damn adamant on delivering messages.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I actually think 2007-2010 might be their best phase. But that's just me.

Disney should buy Spiderman...They would do a much better job.

The most important thing that Disney could do for Spiderman if they aquired it for the MCU would be to give it time to breath. Rest the franchise in a way that Sony cannot. If Sony does not produce picture after picture they lose the rights to the franchise. Hence all of the rushed rebooting and the upcoming needless disasters like Sinister Six. :(
  • Like 1

If Disney ever acquires the Spideyverse characters, since they already own HYDRA and SHIELD, they need to get Jessica Drew into their movies somehow. Has anyone read the Chris Claremont/Steve Leialoha run of her 1970s comic? Those issues were incredibly badass and portrayed her as a strong, complex superheroine who could really hold her own with the big boys. I dream of a day that Disney gives us the REAL Madame Hydra/Viper ( not the crappy lameass in The Wolverine ) to fight Spider-Woman. Claremont had Viper and Jessica be connected in a great, twisty way that I loved.

Edited by cochofles

I didn't think anyone else disliked Pixar the way I do.  

• Like 3

If Disney ever acquires the Spideyverse characters, since they already own HYDRA and SHIELD, they need to get Jessica Drew into their movies somehow. Has anyone read the Chris Claremont/Steve Leialoha run of her 1970s comic? Those issues were incredibly badass and portrayed her as a strong, complex superheroine who could really hold her own with the big boys. I dream of a day that Disney gives us the REAL Madame Hydra/Viper ( not the crappy lameass in The Wolverine ) to fight Spider-Woman. Claremont had Viper and Jessica be connected in a great, twisty way that I loved.

Disney owns Spiderwoman
  • Like 1

Disney owns Spiderwoman

Seriously? I know that some of you awesome people mentioned it in some older thread, but I am confused. They really own Jessica Drew/Spiderwoman? Not the Spidergirl who is Peter Parker's daughter in some other reality? The original Spiderwoman? If they do, surely someone at Marvel studios must know the wealth of Hydra/Shield stories that pertain to the character, and how awesomely cinematic they could be, right? Well, at least I hope so. :) Edited by cochofles

Would you choose Into the storm over any Pixar movie ?

That's a silly question.  Pixar does nothing for me.  I think they are some of the worst animated films out there.  TS3 is horrible.

• Like 1

That's a silly question.  Pixar does nothing for me.  I think they are some of the worst animated films out there.  TS3 is horrible.

Interesting. I had no idea. Do you not like any Pixar film at all? I am not a huge fan of the brand either, although I do enjoy Ratatouille. I just thought that the idea of a rat dreaming of being a chef was incredibly awesome, even if it's the same ole «dream big and you can be anything you want» trope. It made me cry like no other animated film has ever done it.

Seriously? I know that some of you awesome people mentioned it in some older thread, but I am confused. They really own Jessica Drew/Spiderwoman? Not the Spidergirl who is Peter Parker's daughter in some other reality? The original Spiderwoman? If they do, surely someone at Marvel studios must know the wealth of Hydra/Shield stories that pertain to the character, and how awesomely cinematic they could be, right? Well, at least I hope so. :)

Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew always belonged to Marvel. Sony owns Spiderman and other heroes that are related to Spiderman comics like Black Cat, Spiderman 2099, Ultimate Spiderman, etc. As well as Spiderman's rogues gallery. Jessica Drew has always been more affiliated with HYDRA/SHIELD which Marvel owns.

Seriously? I know that some of you awesome people mentioned it in some older thread, but I am confused. They really own Jessica Drew/Spiderwoman? Not the Spidergirl who is Peter Parker's daughter in some other reality? The original Spiderwoman? If they do, surely someone at Marvel studios must know the wealth of Hydra/Shield stories that pertain to the character, and how awesomely cinematic they could be, right? Well, at least I hope so. :)

Sony only has the film rights to Spider-Man and anything in the Spider-Man family (his friends and villains). My understanding of Jessica Drew is that she was created so that DC couldn't create a character called Spider-Woman. To my knowledge, Jessica Drew is not part of the Spider-Man family. Therefore, Disney/Marvel owns the film rights' to Jessica Drew.

Edited by Walt Disney