Punishment

Weekend Actuals 8/22-8/24 GOTG 17.2m, TMNT 16.7m, Stay 15.7m, Cops 10.8m

- 76 The LEGO Movie WB $377 -88.5% 7 -8 $54 $257,749,647 $60 29

Okay, WB, I don't think you have to keep showing The Lego Movie...

I hope they expand it to over 4,000 theaters over Labor Day weekend just to make it pass CA2. It would be the absolute master troll moment of the year. I know it won't happen, tho. 

• Like 1

Clearly comic book action films hold their sway. 

The discussion of the CBM's death continues to be exaggerated.

Hoped for in some corners but exaggerated. 

GotG and TMNT ruling August.

Them being of very similar target audience (family/teen) makes it even more impressive.

In theory one should've wholly knocked the wind out of the others sails. 

• Like 2

Sin City with the best Sunday drop! Get ready for some awesome legs to kick in!

I was just about to say, that Sin City number has to be Paramount'ed. Why the hell would that film have the only sub-30% drop in the top 10 when the family appealing films like GOTG and TMNT couldn't even manage it?

Man, I really feel sorry for everyone who has to work at a movie theater the weekend after this upcoming frame (9/5-7). I'm pretty sure if anyone walks by a movie theater, you will see a tumbleweed roll by.

Edited by filmlover

Man, I really feel sorry for everyone who has to work at a movie theater the weekend after this upcoming frame (9/5-7). I'm pretty sure if anyone walks by a movie theater, you will see a tumbleweed roll by.

I wouldn't feel sorry for them, I'd imagine it will be a very nice break.

I was just about to say, that Sin City number has to be Paramount'ed. Why the hell would that film have the only sub-30% drop in the top 10 when the family appealing films like GOTG and TMNT couldn't even manage it?

Sunday was a school night. You'd expect an adult film like Sin City to have a better hold than a kid's film.

Cool, GOTG fell pretty hard from estimates.

And has still caught and passed a movie that was released a week after it.     ;)B)  :P  :D

Would love to see Turtles win the weekend.

You're all over the place with this one Baumer!

"I don't care that much about it buddy.  It's a non issue.  Both are doing well.  Doesn't matter to me who is on top."

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/16014-wed-numbers-from-rth-gotg-back-on-top/?p=1652005

• Like 3

Posted Image

• Like 3