Olive

Weekend Numbers (4 day estimates pg 35)

Don't forget the supposedly bad release date for GOTG in China.

That too us a reason I am staying cautiously, I think GotG was and is one of the most difficult to estimate movies since some time.

I'm not into Spidey, but I think it's sad

Yep

Ray Subers @raysubers 33 secs

From last tweet: I'm estimating GUARDIANS ends around $730m worldwide. $505m + $100m (existing markets) + $125m (China/Japan/Italy/Germany).

That $100m more from existing markets seems off.  Last w/e O/S was $21.3m.

Edited by TalismanRing

That seems was off.  Last w/e O/ was $20.7m and the total is now $245m after I think Wed. 

Existing markets include USA. Not sure if the non China, Japan, Germany, and Italy markets will add as much to it, but if he still guesses up to $310m for GotG (that was before GotG showed even a bit more legs this last few days) or if he thinks it might make in the US even a bit more, will the rest of the world get together $40m to $50m?

It might be possible, but I don't believe in it before it happens

Are you thinking more or less from the remaining markets? 

I really hope China surprises. I thought it was getting released in China in September though. 

China date got moved (but the first date was not confirmed, it's complicated there) to 10 October 2014

Italy is the last of the 'maybe' major countries got a release date of 22 October, hence the reason I said since long to wait till mid November for ww number's analysis at least

Are you thinking more or less from the remaining markets?

I really hope China surprises. I thought it was getting released in China in September though. 

Here some more details:

GOTG will be released on October 10th on 3D/IMAX 3D, a really bad date.

The Saturday will be a make-up workday for Golden week holiday.

someone asked there who dictates the release dates (they control also via screen count,... how much a movie can make as max.)

SARFT decides all release dates.

SARFT is a fucking bitch.

Dear god, for some reason it just now occurred to me that Turtles is gonna beat Dragon 2 at the domestic box office.

What.the.literal.fuck.America.

HtTYD 2 does good in China, seems to look like finishing at  $64m in China => is still adding up worldwide. It does get a re-release this weekend

Friday est.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 91.5M/$14.8M(NEW)

How to Train Your Dragon 2 6.3M/$1M,Total:367M/$59.2M(16 days)

What's good in September? I'm checking out Maze Runner and Equalizer but not sure about anything else.

The Skeleton Twins with Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader has been getting quite excellent reactions, with both of them (especially Hader, who's supposed to be a revelation in it) getting terrific notices across the board. Opens in limited release September 12 and expands from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhULZJDXLaE

• Like 2