grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

Well he turned down Ghost Rider 3 prompting SONY to turn the rights back over so he must be doing somewhat better.

He's stonewalling on National Treasure 3 as well. 

Or maybe Dracula's spirit spooked him. Here is Idris Elba telling us his favorite Nicolas Cage story from the filming of Ghost Rider

Yeah - Nic Cage came back one day on set, and he came down to set and he looked a little bit tired, a little bit - kind of like he'd been up all night. So I was like "hey Nic man, how you doing man" and he said "i'm alright' and I said "You seem a little spooked out" and he said "Yeah man, I went up to Dracula's castle...the ruins up in the mountains, and I stayed the night" and i said "What?! Why|?" and he said "I just had to channel the energy, and it was pretty spooky up there." We were shooting in Romania, Transylvania, and he just went up there to spend the night, as you do.

And then he walked away.

True story.

• Like 7

Well he turned down Ghost Rider 3 prompting SONY to turn the rights back over so he must be doing somewhat better.

He's stonewalling on National Treasure 3 as well. 

That's surprising. The last I heard of Nic Cage, he was having to sell his houses due to lack of money. I guess if he's turning down roles though, he must be doing better.

Or maybe Dracula's spirit spooked him. Here is Idris Elba telling us his favorite Nicolas Cage story from the filming of Ghost Rider

LOL. He must've had a horrible night. That castle is all ruins. And it's not that big also, more of a fort.

The movie everyone should see this weekend is hidden in this video

yes, I'm just trying this to get more views, but I spent an hour editing it and got only one like out of it 

:angry: 

I like most songs you used. But having 'Gone, Gone Gone' there is a guaranteed way to get a like :lol:

I'll also go see 'Gone Girl' this weekend. 

Edited by James

Gone Girl is doing insane early business today.  For comparison, matinee numbers so far are currently 300% greater for Gone Girl than Prisoners and just 10% less than Gravity.

Edited by spatulashack
  • Like 7

Gone Girl is doing insane early business today.  For comparison, matinee numbers so far are currently 300% greater for Gone Girl than Prisoners and just 10% less than Gravity.

Considering Gone Girl doesn't have 3D the difference is bigger than that in money. That is good because Gone Girl isn't doing very well OS. It is bombing in a lot of places. Luckily it should do well in the UK and Australia. 

• Like 2

Considering Gone Girl doesn't have 3D the difference is bigger than that in money. That is good because Gone Girl isn't doing very well OS. It is bombing in a lot of places. Luckily it should do well in the UK and Australia. 

The movie flopping overseas doesn't seem particularly surprising. Pretty sure the success of the book is exclusive to the US.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

The movie flopping overseas doesn't seem particularly surprising. Pretty sure the success of the book is exclusive to the US.

Nobody knows the book here. I think it should come out 2 weeks after America here and in other places to let the hype from the big opening and the fantastic reviews become bigger. 

• Like 1

Also, looking at Affleck's prior body of work, Argo did rather poorly overseas (OS was about 2/3 of DOM) despite most of the action taking place in Iran.  The Town, which is probably a better comparison to Gone Girl (although it lacked the best-selling book tie-in), also brought in OS only equal to about 2/3 of DOM.  

Gone Girl isn't really a sequel to anything and Affleck isn't an international star the way, say, Robert Downey Jr has become, so there's no reason to think it will do any better than those previous movies internationally.

• Like 3