Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Birdman, The Artist, and to a lesser extent, The King's Speech got an awful lot of backlash. Argo was generally liked but had its detractors.

It's still a bit of a toss-up this year, but I would say LLL has a narrow lead.

King's Speech did beat out three more deserving movies, so it had it coming.

And forgot about every movie nom'd for best picture in 2009

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Birdman, The Artist, and to a lesser extent, The King's Speech got an awful lot of backlash. Argo was generally liked but had its detractors.

It's still a bit of a toss-up this year, but I would say LLL has a narrow lead.

from what i remember the artist really had the least backlash because there wasn't really a movie that people gave a fuck about to be mad for. i guess tree of life for cinephiles but "wtf x got screwed!" is usually the biggest motivator for a backlash and didn't feel it that year.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

from what i remember the artist really had the least backlash because there wasn't really a movie that people gave a fuck about to be mad for. i guess tree of life for cinephiles but "wtf x got screwed!" is usually the biggest motivator for a backlash and didn't feel it that year.

That Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close nom though...

To this day, I still lmao over the announcement where it showed up last like:

Related image

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The Artist just came out and won a lot of the critic/guild awards and the film community was just like "okay cool guess you win,"

I also remember a lot of online film geeks were pissed that Drive/50/50 got shafted but like they would have struggled to get anything besides Boffies.

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

The Artist just came out and won a lot of the critic/guild awards and the film community was just like "okay cool guess you win,"

I also remember a lot of online film geeks were pissed that Drive/50/50 got shafted but like they would have struggled to get anything besides Boffies.

Tbh, way too many great films don't get nominated for BP.  The Witch won't.  10 Cloverfield Lane won't.  Kubo won't.  Deepwater Horizon won't.  The Shallows won't.  Lights Out won't.  War Dogs won't.  Snowden won't.

Popstar, Girl on the Train and Sausage Party won't :ph34r:.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

2011 was indeed a terrible year for movies, it is kinda mind boggling how bad it was 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What are some of your favorite 2011 films out of curiosity? 

hmmm... a separation, margaret, shame, take shelter, certified copy, tree of life, drive, weekend, kill list, we need to talk about kevin, moneyball, tinker tailor soldier spy, melancholia, hugo, martha marcy may marlene, rango, the skin i live in, win win, ghost protocol, the muppets. are some of the good ones off the top of my head.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Tbh, way too many great films don't get nominated for BP.  The Witch won't.  10 Cloverfield Lane won't.  Kubo won't.  Deepwater Horizon won't.  The Shallows won't.  Lights Out won't.  War Dogs won't.  Snowden won't.

Popstar, Girl on the Train and Sausage Party won't :ph34r:.

I agree with the sentiment of this post.  But you only mentioned one great film in it.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

There are pretty good 2011 movies, lots of them, like every other year, but very few of them are truly fantastic movies. A Separation is one. Take Shelter and Certified Copy are almost there. 

I would add Carnage, Warrior, In Darkness and The Well-Digger's Daughter to coolio's list and still think that year was subpar as hell. 

Edited by Goffe