grim22

Concussion | NFL Concussion Drama | Christmas 2015 | Will Smith. Luke Wilson. Trailer page 1.

Not sure if it was before or after I Am Legend, but I really liked him in Hancock.

Hancock was 2008,I am Legend was 2007.

I really like him in Hancock too but not quite as much as like him in focus (andof course he gives a fucking monster performance in I am Legend)

Ok, my skeptical radar is going off here.

The average career of an NFL player is just over 3 years.   The overwhelming majority of football players never even make it to the NFL.   Even the guys who do make it spend the majority of their football life playing non-NFL football (pee wee, high school, college).

So isn't it interesting that so many just happen to be focusing everything on the organization which has the most money?    This smells funny.

You know how some people say...at least back in the day...Will Smith could sell a movie about him reading the dictionary while sitting on the toilet?

I'll be honest...id almost rather watch that movie.

Seriously, Zzz to this subject matter.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

That never happens here. Oscar movies come out in January and February. Movies coming out after the Oscars usually are the Oscars hopefuls that failed in getting any big nomination.

Joy and The Revenant are both gonna do monster business over here. And last year Imitation Game did fantastic numbers. And Theory of Everything was a huge hit here in this year's January.

Edited by CJohn

That never happens here. Oscar movies come out in January and February. Movies coming out after the Oscars usually are the Oscars hopefuls that failed in getting any big nomination.

Joy and The Revenant are both gonna do monster business over here. And last year Imitation Game did fantastic numbers. And Theory of Everything was a huge hit here in this year's January.

Smith is the film's one and only shot an Oscar nomination (and given the field, he's definitely in the running).

I have a hard time believing  they couldn't come up with anything better for a title. Head Games? Foul Play? Trauma Sport? Football for Dummies? 

No no no at all of those. Concussion is the perfect title for this movie. It's short and gets the point across as to what it's about.

I think this will do pretty well, actually. It's already started a storm of controversy and is likely going to be the second most talked about movie of the holidays behind Star Wars. This and Joy seem to be the big Christmas Day openers this year.

Edited by filmlover